New 90 series Members say hi here first. Chit chat ok (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey there, Kris from Denmark here. Have had my Prado for 4 years now, previous had a couple of LJ70's and a HJ61. My Prado is a 1997 GX 90 with 387800 km on the clock and still going strong. 1 kzt-e engine, e-locker in the rear, 2" Ironman, sitting on General Grabber AT2 295/75-16 on 10x16" steel rims. Offroad tires are 285/75-16 BF Goodrich mudterrains km2 on 8x16" steelrims.:cool:

1419275947327.jpg

1419275993751.jpg

1419276012903.jpg

1419276034194.jpg

1419276142933.jpg

Hey guys and gals, Norbert from New Mexico here. I love Mud! But I hate washing trucks ???

I own a 92, a 95, and an 86. I turn wrenches for a living and Mud Race to stay broke. Go Broncos!!!

Hey guys, bought my vzj95 in April 2014, kept it fairly bone stock until now.

Upgrades are as follows

Arb bullbar(originally meant for a Tacoma)
Vr8000 winch
100w light force lights
General grabber at2 265-70-16
Heavy duty OME springs and shocks (shipped and excited to install!)

Living in fort mcmurray alberta canada

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hi there all,

Since this is most active post here on the 90 series thread, I thought I'd just write my question here.

I wanted to know where the cabin filter is located in the 90 series? Usually its behind the glove box but here its the ECU that's placed there.
Anyone know where to look for it ?

Thanks

Hi every body, i´m Antonio from Spain, i have a 1997 kzj90, since 6 months, it´s a great machine, and slowly i want to preparate a little bit.
Thanks.

Hey friends. Just joined the forums today. I'm picking up my 90 Series tomorrow. It's a bit rough but I bought it for my new puppy. Got a good deal on it since it needs the rear heather core bypass and the current owner doesn't want to deal with it. I live in San Diego, so I am not concerned about heat at all really but would like to do the bypass right so I can still use the front at least for the occasional defrost. Any suggestions on the best way to approach it would be appreciated. Attaching a pic. Thanks.

00V0V_e18Q91BCIqy_600x450.jpg

00v0v_88dQIxp8hZl_600x450.jpg

Hello my name is nacho. Im from ecuador and i have a 90 series with motor 3rz fe and a few mods
IMG]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1441227839545.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1441227839545.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 184
uploadfromtaptalk1441228109978.jpg

Im new to the forum and more to tapatalk app. The car have 3 inch lift suspension. 265/75 mt in 16x10 -20 offset rims. Bullbar diy with 12500lb winch and fog led lights. Led bar on top of diy roof and hi lift stand too and a jerrycan and two shovel stand in rear. Diff drop. Rear drop. And sure i dont remember a few more things i do. It have 184.000km.. its year 2001 and its with me only one year now. I do all. It was full serie when i buu it.
uploadfromtaptalk1441228451605.jpg

Hey I'm new to this forum just stating a build on a 94 Toyota pickup 22re doing the motor now if anyone can help me with the pros and con that would be helpful

Hi all,

Greetings from Malaysia.

I acquired a 1997 Prado 95 3.4L V6 a few months ago. They are very rare here in Malaysia as most petrol engined ones are 2.7L I4. I searched for almost 2 years before finding this one.

After acquiring it, I had all the fluids and oil changed, Replaced the timing belt and tensioners as well as engine and gearbox mounts.

At present, there is a vibration at about 2000 rpm. My mechanic has checked the balancer shafts and they seem OK. Would appreciate any thoughts on what else to look for.

Thanks.

docazani

@Casey31 post that on the Toyota truck thread for 79-95.

Brand new owner of a 91 LC with 197k. Got a screaming deal on it, and now I'm preparing to fly to the Northwest and drive it on home. I plan to be a new regular of the forum here going forward, with many projects in mind, so just wanted to say "howdy".

IMG_1455.JPG

Brand new owner of a 91 LC with 197k. Got a screaming deal on it, and now I'm preparing to fly to the Northwest and drive it on home. I plan to be a new regular of the forum here going forward, with many projects in mind, so just wanted to say "howdy".

View attachment 1275674
Great looking car, but it's an 80-series not a 90.
How was the drive? Sounds like my idea of great few days.

Hi I am Jennifer I own a 1992 landcruiser and I live in Leavenworth wa
Truck is starting to need some repair work...need a new radiator anyone know of a good online company would be helpful

Great looking car, but it's an 80-series not a 90.
How was the drive? Sounds like my idea of great few days.

@toastkid- I was pretty worked up about getting the 80 Series/ 91, that I just posted on the first thread I landed on. Thanks for calling it to my attention though, I'd have just kept posting and posting in the wrong forum.
It was a good drive- but I made it in my 16 4-Runner.

I spent a month up in Washington and took my LC on some pretty fun (albeit nothing too rough) adventures in Mount Rainier and then up near the Canadien Border. Only dang problem is that the battery has a constant drain on it, so I can't stop driving it without having to jump start it. Even after I drove from Seattle to Bellingham (about 200 miles), I thought for sure it would have charged enough, but after sitting overnight, couldn't start it.

Battery is brand new, alternator is charging fine. I'm guessing the aftermarket stereo is the culprit, but there's also a sign of some Aux lights that may have been changed in the past and might still be hooked to the battery.

That said, I didn't feel comfortable driving it cross country, so I took my 4 runner. But I'll tell you what, we camped in Santa Fe and Moab Utah, as well as Twin Falls Idaho, and it was fantastic. Definitely put some ideas in my head about taking this baby out for some long weekends.

I'll get over to the proper thread and post some pics of it.

Hi All,

I am not a new member on here as I drive a 78 Troopy, but I would still like to show you my husbands' 90 series Prado, and what he did to it... He uses it as a daily driver and on the farm.

prado 1.jpg
prado 3.jpg

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom