What did you do on your 70 series today? (39 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BIRTHDAY PRESENT (a little early)

The VJ73 (BJ73+Aluminum LC9 Vortec AKA "Burrito") has been at the Torfab vehicle spa for a while, getting a make-over. Tor is a ComeUp winch dealer and he scored me one to go on the ARB bull bar.

ComeUp has been in the industrial hoist/winch business since 1975 and only recently entered the consumer market. Yes, the firm is Chinese, but it is the "good" China (Taiwan).

Their moisture sealed model is being updated/replaced and is being phased out with pretty good prices. I got one with synthetic line. See below - I think Tor has a few more in inventory so give him a call if you want a good deal.

upload_2015-5-5_4-28-33.png

Almost forgot.....

At the suggestion of @fireball I ordered up one of these handy units - the "Doug's Tub" - from Australia, a glove box insert to keep 70 Series jockey boxes organized (see description below).

upload_2015-5-5_5-13-7.png

Doug's Tub Glovebox insert - Grey only

If you have a 70, 75, 76, 78 or 79 series Toyota Landcruiser you definitely need a Doug's Glovebox Tub!

These Landcruiser gloveboxes have been designed in a way that nothing seems to stay in.

Doug's Glovebox Tub solves this problem. It is an open tub that fits neatly into the glovebox and slides effortlessly providing you with a useable glovebox, even on steep inclines!
  • High quality construction.
  • Fits perfectly into glovebox.
  • Makes it a pleasure to open the glovebox.
  • Makes your glovebox useable even on steep inclines!
(Does not suit V8 70 Series)

Doug's Tub: I open the glove box door and slide the tub in/out?

Man these things just multiply....

It's really weird...

image.jpg

Oh, and I installed the awesome LED light that my good friend Charles was able to procure before he jetted off to gay Par-eeee

:)

image.jpg

image.jpg

What a difference!!! Thank you Charles... I owe you yet another Hardee's burger. ;)

Installed new cross-over pipe between down pipe and muffler. Fitment is not direct. "Force" is needed to get things to fit. Also swapped out the three cushions to dampen and stiffen the exhaust routing-- two were sheared right in half.

All parts available through normal procurement avenues in the U.S. market.

:cheers:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Installed new cross-over pipe between down pipe and muffler. Fitment is not direct. "Force" is needed to get things to fit. Also swapped out the three cushions to dampen and stiffen the exhaust routing-- two were sheared right in half.

At least nobody had cut the first mounting bracket immediately after the downpipe off the frame like had been done on mine :doh:

Beno.......What a difference!!! Thank you Charles... I owe you yet another Hardee's burger. ;)

You're welcome but I think I'll skip the burger. (Perhaps a beer). : )
Thanks for the plug on the LED dome light ..... We have more.

Took my BJ74 to get Virginia State Inspection. I think it will pass but the diesel and the RHD made their eyes bulge.
I think they will use a fine tooth comb.

They'll probably make you relocate the steering wheel to the other side :)

I was, ummmm, judicious in my choice of Inspection Station.

Took my BJ74 to get Virginia State Inspection. I think it will pass but the diesel and the RHD made their eyes bulge.
I think they will use a fine tooth comb.
I realize every State is different but in Southern Georgia if you bring cash there will be "no eye bulging". :)

Just like touring Kruger National Park in South Africa; viewing lions in a 70 series Land Cruiser. Go figger!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom