Getting kicked off the forum at random times (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here recently after I log in...I've been getting kicked off the forum after about 15 to 20min of surfing around. I log back on only to have it happen again and again...at random times.

Appears to have started doing this in the last few weeks, I've made no changes on my end and have a reasonable fast connection on my end. (broadband).

It forces me to have to go back and log back in....multiple times across a 30 to 1hr session, again I'm not aware of anything changing on my end.

I'm logged on and reading through the forums...next thing I know I see that I'm not seeing the un-read threads and I see I've been booted off, I have to log back on and back to normal until it does it again 15min later or so. Sometimes it does it right off the bat and sometimes there is a delay between getting kicked off. I don't loose my connection....I loose my "log-on" status.

Something's definitely changed within the last month.

I never used to have to tick the "stay-logged-on box" to stay logged on but I certainly do now.

And I'm finding it so hard to get into this new logon sequence too (that includes ticking the box) because I almost invariably put myself in autopilot-mode (brainless mode) during routine operations such as "logging on".

:beer:

Wish I had an answer, I've not experienced any issues on my end and with such a small sample of members to work with, finding any problem is about impossible.

The software DOES get updated immediately when new releases come out, but a search there shows no other complaints.

Likewise, your browser updates regularly, as does your virus software. I'm wondering if a "remember passwords" setting there isn't the culprit.

My ipad constantly lowes the login with box checked and password saved on iPad. If I close browser and open back up, logs off every time. Oh well....

Btw, nice meeting @woody the other day, super nice guy.

I've had the same issue but I'm not bothered by it as I mostly use mobile or desktop for short periods of time, just wanted to add that the issue probably isn't isolated.

The "box tick" is now set to standard (or, should be)...did some more research this morning and am still not finding anything that explains the issue however.

There IS an "hourly clean up" cron job that runs at :10 every hour. Still unsure if that clean up is the issue, and it wouldn't explain issues that happen more than once an hour.

Still suspect it's an issue with browser cookies and individual computer security settings.

yes, it is 4:37 am :)

The "box tick" is now set to standard (or, should be)....

Ha ha. I saw the box already ticked this morning and thought I must have ticked it without realising it... LOL.

Having it pre-ticked will save me a lot of time over a whole year I'm sure..

Thanks

The "box tick" is now set to standard (or, should be)...did some more research this morning and am still not finding anything that explains the issue however.

There IS an "hourly clean up" cron job that runs at :10 every hour. Still unsure if that clean up is the issue, and it wouldn't explain issues that happen more than once an hour.

Still suspect it's an issue with browser cookies and individual computer security settings.

yes, it is 4:37 am :)

Running the cookies setting wide open on my ipad2 fixed the login issue. Set to "allow only from sites I visit" does not work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom