Dissent offroad modular front bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes I must 2nd that they are awesome!! I think benc just became the new king of 100 armor... Now we just need to get those rears going. Excited to see all the benc guys at HIH5 !! It will be my first time too!!

Just finished! 4 bumpers and 1 bumper mounted in 2 days. I am definitely going to sleep good tonight:) Chad went to camp somewhere tonight and will be coming back by to pick them all up and see if we can pack them all in his cruiser. Big thanks to chad for picking these up and hanging out another day so I could get all 4 done!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430020103.808448.jpg

^^ download.png
Southeast route next?

I wish! I love road trips... I have better pics on my wife's camera, but here is a quick cell phone pic at the office. I just need to find the time to pull it off, clean off the bugs, and get it painted.

20150427_122801_zpsavwytshp.jpg
How are you dealing with your blinkers and fog lights? I was trying to figure out a way to install the blinkers in the the location the Toyotas have the blinkers (the logical location for blinkers). Just not sure I can remove the parking light and screw in the blinker and call it good. I don't mind loosing the parking lights, but I can't loose my blinkers. I also thought about putting some small LED light into the bumper and using the wirining harness for the fog lights but not sure if the factory wiring harness can handle high output LED's. Ideally, it would be nice if the Lexus parking light area could take both the blinker and parking light in the same housing. Not sure if that is how it's made on the Toyota version?

Last edited:
This is what I did for my blinkers:

Quick note on lights for the LX470 owners: I personally don't like the bullet LEDs for turn signals. To me they look a little to ricer, so I picked up LC corner lights. There is enough wire to pull the socket and bulb out of the factory turn signal and plug them into the LC corner lights. Now my turn signals are (in my opinion) where they are supposed to be. The only downside is I no longer have parking lights in the front. To me, this isn't a big deal since the daytime running lamps are always on. All in all, it took me about 30 mins to make the swap, I'm into it $50 for the LC corner lights, and it looks totally stock when the lights are off.

You could also unplug the bulb socket from the wiring harness and swap them that way. With that option, you shouldn't need new corner lights. That being said, I didn't test this theory but the plugs looked the same.

I believe the LCs have a dual filament bulb that acts as the parking light and blinker, so you could wire in that socket but that would be modifying the stock wiring.

As for my fog lights, I got the cut out for the flush mounted cube LEDs. Those will be wired into the factory fog light harness and I will do the mod so they work with high and low beams.

This is what I did for my blinkers:

You could also unplug the bulb socket from the wiring harness and swap them that way. With that option, you shouldn't need new corner lights. That being said, I didn't test this theory but the plugs looked the same.

I believe the LCs have a dual filament bulb that acts as the parking light and blinker, so you could wire in that socket but that would be modifying the stock wiring.

As for my fog lights, I got the cut out for the flush mounted cube LEDs. Those will be wired into the factory fog light harness and I will do the mod so they work with high and low beams.

Please take pics and do a write up of the fog lights/LED set up. I will be following right behind you.

Very nice! I saw Chad's post on it on Facebook. Super work. I had this one built for my 100 8 years ago because there was nothing on the market I liked. I'm pretty picky. If I were to build another 100 I'd be interested in one of yours.
tiretest 027 (Large).jpg

...and get it painted
Sooo, what color are you going to paint it? Thinking of something other than black?
Maybe a shade of gray? Or even chrome it!

These bumpers get p-coated in 3 pieces and then assembled, right? That should make it easier to find a booth that the bumpers can fit inside. Doesn't help with a full size brushbar, but gets the bumper and stingers

(Update)
I have most of the parts but still waiting on some of the small parts. The laser was having problem but is fixed now. I will hopefully have the parts today or tomorrow.
I have also been trying to round up shipping supplies and that has been tougher than I expected. Thanks again for all your patience!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom