New wheels & silly storage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

little_joe

SILVER Star
Threads
My GX470 wheels were corroding, and I thought something else would be nice. CL to the rescue - found some 2014 4Runner Trail Edition take-off wheels locally for a great price and in like new condition, I'm very happy with how they look on the GX!

I try to always carry recovery gear plus some odds and ends. I got to thinking about a better way to store this junk instead of an Action Packer, which takes up a lot of space. Thinking about what I had to store - just some mostly flat stuff - I started looking at options that would hold it all yet be very space efficient. And voila! The World Tour Keyboard gig bag for some Yamaha keyboards fit the bill - it's about 6" high, 38" long, and 15" wide. It fits perfectly across the cargo area or lengthwise, I can stuff a bunch of junk in it, throw junk on top and not worry, and it has 2 external pockets.

My only worry is some despondent, drug-addled former musician spots it and decides to steal it. I'll eventually cover up the logo so it's less conspicuous.

@rival1 I'm running 255/75R17 Hankook Dynapro ATm's, and thx for the compliment!

I noticed those rims on a 4runner a few weeks ago and thought they'd look good on my gx LOL, at least I know they look great on your gx ;)

what's the width on them?

Shame Hankook doesn't sell a LT version of 255/75/17, only P version.

The wheels are 17x7.5. with offset slightly less than stock wheels by either 5mm or 10mm (I didn't measure, and I found conflicting info).

can you give us a shot from the front please?

Thx for the reminder, will get some today and post................

@alia176 @Makakio let me know if these pix are what you were looking for, or if you need/want others. Sorry I'm not much of a camera guy.

full

full

full

full

full

full

That's perfect, thanks!

hmm, those with .5" spacers could work on my setup, thanks for the pics. I like the look!

Keep in mind, I'm running somewhat narrow tires, 255/75R17, so with the other common/larger sizes the tires will likely protrude a bit more.

I like the tuck in look and for my needs, just what the doctor ordered. During the wet season, I can stand to throw less mud all over the sides.

Martin, how are you sir? Been a long time, hope you're well!

These are definitely 17's, otherwise my existing tires would not have fit. ;) And no spacers either, the offset on these 4R wheels is slightly less than the stock GX wheels (by 5mm or 10mm, not sure).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom