Oil filter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys I have always been a change the the oil filter when I change the oil type of guy. Now on my 12ht turbo diesel it wants 5000k changes do people always change there oil filter every change??

Mark

It is a messy job changing oil filter on the 2H and 12H-T but I do it each time I change engine oil. I used to do this every 5000km. Now that I drives it a lot more I does it every 10000km. (2-3 times a year) Have always used 5w-50 fully synthetic.

Last edited:
Yeh exactly it's a bit messy changing the oil filter on these but seeing I already have the filter as well I will do it the right way. That was the other thing due to well I imagine advancement motor oil tech would you extend the oil change frequency.

Every 5000kms

After 10000 hard kilometers oil still looks good.
Forgot to change oil on my 2H once. After a while my turbo bearings exploded from bad oil, spilling oil out both the turbine and compressor housing. I suddenly had a runaway engine. :O
When I later changed the oil it didn't look good. I can tell you that. Off with the turbo and new oil and it haven't missed a beat since.
Sturdy old engines.

Today's oils can run 10k service intervals without an issue, a CD oil spec of time of manufacture, asks for 5k oil change, lube technology has developed that much that majority of today's diesel oils today would push past 10k easily, except 20/50, that oil is still generally spec at Cd or CF.
I'm still bewildered why we are all still reluctant to make the most of these oils of today.
5000klm services are still considered the cheapest form of engine maintenance,

In the 2H-T, oil and filter with WIX or Sakura filters and Pentrite 20W50 every 5000. Its cheap insurance, especially with the turbo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom