1992 4 runner...What to look for? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

They slap a cheap lift and cheap tires under it to get some kid to buy it for double what it's worth. Fixing the oil pressure gauge wasn't going to increase the value in their minds. Nope, they want quick and easy. Plus it could have been the gauge itself acting up. In my opinion, you are better off without that crappy 3 liter. I guess everyone on here likes defending them but I can't stand those engines. Keep your eyes peeled for pre 89 or post 95 rigs.

I could tell that was their racket since they had about 20 jeep cherokees all lifted with big tires, roof racks and rusty hi-lift jacks on the front bumpers. Poser bait.

I would rather find an old truck from a Toyota enthusiest that I could build up and know what I had in it.

Still searching. Texas is a big area!

Last edited:
Am I on the right tracK?

image.jpg

image.jpg

87 or 88?

87. Private owner. Rebuilt engine.

Looks all stock. Near perfect interior, from the pics. What's the top dollar?

3500 max. But anywhere between 3k to 3500 if everything works and functions properly. Now your speaking my language with the 're and 5spd!!! Good man!

More pics. If you're good with only two doors, this might be a winner. They're not as comfortable and quiet as the 2nd gen, but still great trucks.

It sold. He was asking $6950, but dont know what he actually got for it.

I'll keep looking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom