GX 470 bumper options.....for my wife's daily driver (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My wife doesn't like any of the options out there today for the GX including the SSS bumper. However she does like Slee's "Blueberry" bumper.
sof1126-1-400.jpg

I was hoping she would go for an ARB or TJM but even they have their fitment issues from what I understand. No way would she let me trim the flares so they would be out anyway.

I don't see Slee making a production run of GX bumpers as I don't think the demand is there for such a venture. Are their any good custom bumper makers out there that might be willing to take on a project to make a new GX bumper?

Last edited:
Shrockworks makes a nice 4th gen bumper. I don't know about one off stuff but you can get theirs without the hoops around the grille and lights.

I love the look of the slee blueberry too. If they made one for a 4th gen I would def buy one.

Shrockworks makes a nice 4th gen bumper. I don't know about one off stuff but you can get theirs without the hoops around the grille and lights.

I love the look of the slee blueberry too. If they made one for a 4th gen I would def buy one.

She did like shrockworks bumper a little better than an ARB. I may be able to talk her into one of those but I've heard several people complain about the wait period.

She did like shrockworks bumper a little better than an ARB. I may be able to talk her into one of those but I've heard several people complain about the wait period.

Yeah they're not fast from what I hear. I'd be willing to wait if it's really the bumper I want though.

The Slee Blueberry styling is perfect...and @sleeoffroad has told us no more than once :p

I'm talking with ARB about their Sahara bar...likely skip the chrome hoop and paint the bumper shell to match the car...they are working on test fitting to see what needs to be a> trimmed on the car or b> trimmed on the bumper in order to fit.

Has anyone ever put one of these on a GX? It's listed for the Prado, but I wonder how much trimming to fit the Lexus? I really like the low profile.

http://www.asfir4x4.com/bumpers/bumpers-toyota/bumpers-toyota-landcruiser120

The Slee Blueberry styling is perfect...and @sleeoffroad has told us no more than once :p

I'm talking with ARB about their Sahara bar...likely skip the chrome hoop and paint the bumper shell to match the car...they are working on test fitting to see what needs to be a> trimmed on the car or b> trimmed on the bumper in order to fit.

both of these will almost be identical in terms of cutting... they will bolt right up, the problem is they are designed to fit the Prado which has different fenders, bumper, grille, headlights and hood. the frames are identical, its just the body that is different. its not much but its enough that it would require cutting into the GX fenders to make it work, or cutting into the bumpers to make them work with the GX fenders. the ARB Sahara Bar and their regular full Bull Bar share the same base so the only difference is the top bars/hoops.

how ever i for one am in with you Cj80cruiser, i love the skeeoffroad bumpers and do not like any other options out there right now for the GX. not saying they are junk, i just personally dont care for the looks of them.

have you contacted CBIoffroad? they might be willing to work something up. of course that would mean they would need a GX to work with and them being on the other side of the country i guess makes it a little hard...

how ever i for one am in with you Cj80cruiser, i love the skeeoffroad bumpers and do not like any other options out there right now for the GX. not saying they are junk, i just personally dont care for the looks of them.

have you contacted CBIoffroad? they might be willing to work something up. of course that would mean they would need a GX to work with and them being on the other side of the country i guess makes it a little hard...

I didn't contact CBI but I did contact Christo Slee. As of this moment Christo isn't planning on making a front bumper for the GX. I was thinking about trying Adam at 4xInnovations but the problem's always going to be getting a GX to their shop just like CBI.

Has anyone tried a FJ Cruiser bumper? The FJ bumpers tend to be a little shorter on the edges which may leave the option to not trim the fenders on the GX.

My wife likes this one with all the hoops.
tjm_t13_outback_front_250.jpg

The FJ bumper will not match in the right height, width, or distance away from the hood and would require too much extensive reworking.

Maybe @SouthernSS would consider modifying his existing design?

I like his existing bumper, but have no plans for a winch so would prefer something more subtle and tucked in, just for protection.

I would like to see a picture of the Southern Style Speed front bumper with full hoops. I want max protection from deer.

I should have a Southern Style Speed front bumper with full hoop protection hopefully around the beginning of May. That's a ways off but I'll be able to put up some pictures then.

Thanks, I am not in a hurry. Looking forward to your pictures.

It looks like the ASFIR front bumper only requires some minimal plastic fender trimming on the front to fit. Much like the TJM or ARB for the Prado. I really want to see this on a GX. I still need the lift and tires to make it look close to appropriate ;) Has anyone ever found Prado wheel plastic? It seems it would be easy to use Prado wheel trim to fit Prado bumpers on a GX. Just wondering?!

I didn't contact CBI but I did contact Christo Slee. As of this moment Christo isn't planning on making a front bumper for the GX. I was thinking about trying Adam at 4xInnovations but the problem's always going to be getting a GX to their shop just like CBI.

Has anyone tried a FJ Cruiser bumper? The FJ bumpers tend to be a little shorter on the edges which may leave the option to not trim the fenders on the GX.

My wife likes this one with all the hoops.
tjm_t13_outback_front_250.jpg
I live in WI on the other side of the state from 4xInnovatons. I did meet Adam at his shop about sliders for a GX. He took measurements but he did not respond back about building them. I would be willing to drop my GX off if he is truely willing to build a front bumper and follows through to selling a bumper.

I live in WI on the other side of the state from 4xInnovatons. I did meet Adam at his shop about sliders for a GX. He took measurements but he did not respond back about building them. I would be willing to drop my GX off if he is truely willing to build a front bumper and follows through to selling a bumper.

Adam makes some reasonably priced bumpers and I'd be all for him coming up with something.

I would wager the Prado 120 ASFIR will fit,but you will have to cut a fair amount of sheet metal. I did when i bolted a Prado 120 Iron Man bumper on my GX. the fenders will need to be cut way back, and some mount points in the front, but the hood, etc should be clear (may need to clearance the bumper to let the hood latch, I had to cut an ellipse out of the front of the Iron Man.

I would wager the Prado 120 ASFIR will fit,but you will have to cut a fair amount of sheet metal. I did when i bolted a Prado 120 Iron Man bumper on my GX. the fenders will need to be cut way back, and some mount points in the front, but the hood, etc should be clear (may need to clearance the bumper to let the hood latch, I had to cut an ellipse out of the front of the Iron Man.

Dan I'm still considering an ironman bumper for my wife but she is absolutely not going to let me cut the fenders or trim the flares. I will have to cut the bumper to fit the GX instead of the other way around. In your opinion, can this be done without the bumper suffering too much asthetically?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom