CTIS for 80's? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I like those rear window panels...... No glass to be broken, one less spot for vehicle breakins, no weatherstripping to worry about, etc...

Sorry, Don't know anything about this thing.

Watched the video and agree, an interesting looking rig.

Driving off the curb was totally lame!

It's a French Diesel rig.
Our friend Dunkane knows the people who manufacture the fiberglass window panels that you see on this truck. They are pretty cool because they open and you can have side access to your rig.

This rig probably has a hood and front fenders made out of fiberglass as well. They do this to remove weight from the vehicle. When in the desert, they need to get about 600 miles of range between fill ups.

As far as the tire pressure system on this rig.... Well let's just say it's meant for desert running, not rock climbing.

Regards

Alvaro

I like those rear window panels...... No glass to be broken, one less spot for vehicle breakins, no weatherstripping to worry about, etc...
Looks like the rear window treatment is nothing but a set of sand ladders strapped over the OEMs. The tire inflation system is worthless. One rock, bush, or tree limb will render it DOA. Lots of glitter, but no serious wheeling advantage. John

Looks like it limits your flexibility

Wonder what happens when the hoses get hung up & ripped off?

The hoses and tail pipe wouldn't last an hour around here.:hillbilly: The window/hatch is a pretty cool idea.:hmm:

I agree, in our terrain it would not last 5 minutes. But when you have yo cover hundred's of miles of sand, it comes pretty handy.

The hoses and tail pipe wouldn't last an hour around here.:hillbilly: The window/hatch is a pretty cool idea.:hmm:

I agree

IMG_0947.JPG

Side Lift Up Windows

No one has developed a 4x4 solution to take into consideration the beatings they would need to endure?

I believe some Unimogs have them, so an axle swap might get you CTIS on your 80.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom