Another stock PTO Winch for sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I would be real leary of buying something I see one picture of laying on the ground. $1,200 is pretty steep for one of these. Unless you know these winches and all the parts that should be there I would pass. The PTO for the 63 to 80 model are not hard to find. The lever to operate is and the latch that locks the lever even harder. Pillow block bearings are also on the list of hard to find. I don't see any of those items.

I agree, I was not interested as its for an early model but did call the gent and told him that from what I am learning about prices and conditions this one is questionable. I did say at least take it out of the wet ground and get some better pictures of what you have as not much reference in that picture. He's said he took in in on a trade and knows not much about what it fits and parts. I sure if a guy wanted it he would come down it price.
:meh:

I found these two on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-Land...r-Box-Shaft-/111643340399?hash=item19fe762e6f & http://www.ebay.com/itm/FJ40-Transm...d&pid=100005&rk=1&rkt=6&sd=111643340399&rt=nc While neither is cheap neither is complete either. Both are missing the angle iron piece for the back of the winch along with the wedges used where it bolts to the frame. Plus different parts missing on each. Best to do you home work before buying something and assume your getting a complete setup.

I try and get the two different split case PTOs side by side as well as the shifter and the linkage and take some pictures of what they look like. FYI Split case PTO from a 60 or 40 will bolt to either series split transfer as well as early 70 series that used the same split case.

I had seen those myself, for the price that is being asked I would just go by a new 12,000 lb. electric Warn winch and be done with it and still have money left over for gas to go wheeling. Yes, many parts are missing, its a bit out of control.
Found a couple of split case PTO already (they are around contra to what some say) but the conditions were very questionable, one looked as it was under salt water for years and they wanted $500, plus shipping, you got to be mad or desperate to pay for crap. Another had a case but was in parts (?), wanted $450, he should be wearing a mask and have a gun for asking that price. Most all have be without matching linkage.
I have been planning for the build and parts needed, shims, shear pin, new cable, bearing hangers, shafts, yokes, nuts bolts, linkage, shift lock plate, lots of little things and its cost add up fast.
Yes the corroded G/B mentioned was out of a FJ60, would you know if the later FJ61 is a possible for a case and shafts? Early 70 series, did not know that, thanks.
Will keep looking but will not pay a crazy price as seen on eBay, we have some honest sellers on this site.
Thanks much

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom