From Rust-Free to Rust Belt (1962 FST Restoration) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

control shaft linkage.jpg

View attachment 880951 View attachment 880952 View attachment 880953 View attachment 880954

These should come in handy to finish this resto and the next two I have lined up. I think the parts manual registration cards are especially cool!

does anybody have the oem toyota part# for the early Siamese F engine E-1964 1bbl intake carb studs with course thread bottom in intake manifold and fine thread top , for carb mounting , used with oem insulator / PVC , they are longer , maybe 2.5-2.75 sae inches , i can spec metric thread pitch and diameter , as well at total metric length if any folks can help ? but oem stock 1963-1965 fj40 usa destination used w/pcv spacer
thanks ........
kindly matt.......

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1440980277.847015.jpg

Finally almost finished with the 1962. Took her out for a few very short drives over the last couple of days and have been working out little kinks here and there. I've got the FJ25 drivers seat in it with my homemade crappy upholstery for now. It's going to be at least another month before the guy can get to my seat covers. Shane should have sent me a set over a year ago, but that's a very long story.

My fuel gauge wasn't working and when I pulled the sender I found the float full of gasoline (of course). A quick eBay search found that just about every 1960's car out of Detroit used almost the exact same float. I ordered one and will see if it works. There's no way it won't, though. Dimensions are almost exact.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1440980564.824578.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet truck. Looks great! X2 for more pics!

View attachment 1127257

My fuel gauge wasn't working and when I pulled the sender I found the float full of gasoline (of course). A quick eBay search found that just about every 1960's car out of Detroit used almost the exact same float. I ordered one and will see if it works. There's no way it won't, though. Dimensions are almost exact.

View attachment 1127258
almost exact is the operative phrase. i had to bend my metal hanger a slight bit to get it to hold snug

are you going to flip it now :(

How dare you call me a flipper?!?!

Haha, those that know me know I would give up body parts before my Cruisers!

Although, I will flip the 1970 once restored. I'll need the money to find a place to store the rest of them!

Super nice work

Does your LV look this good?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom