Inline Water pump with pressure switch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tapage

Club 4X4 Panamá
Threads
Website
www.4x4panama.com
Check an RV store for a pressure switch. You might need to add an AC relay, the switch will probably be rated a 12V DC pump.

Are you saying ( thanks for your comment BTW ) that a pump ( like the one in the link ) will work with separated pressure switch .?

I fan provide a 12V circuit apart if necessary ..

Yeah any pump will work automatically with a pressure switch controlling a relay, can you find one that has it built in already?

Here our house water pressure is supposed to be roughly 50 psi on a good day, but sometimes it feels closer to 20 psi. Plenty good enough for domestic use but not enough for washing down a concrete slab once the water travels through a retractable hose reel.

Thats why Im getting one of these

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/181599840778?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Tapage that last pump you showed will work but might be a bit slow depending on how far it has to pump

Can I ask what you are using it for?

I wanna provide a remote " 200' away at worst small house with fluid water from close river . .. I'm feeding water tank by gravity and then from the tank to the small house ( room, kitchen and bathroom ) this it's mostly to provide some comfort of fluid water on the bathroom mainly.

Dave,

Your application is very similar to the "overlanders" ;) who have an onboard shower setup. They toss the suction end of the hose in a nearby stream or lake (or in a 5gal jug, in my case) , then use a RV pump (with built in press sw) to take shower, after it goes through a heat exchanger. So, you should be able to expound upon that scenario and create a design that'll work with a pump that can handle a head suction 200' away. I think lots of the off grid types have similar solutions for their cabins in the woods, that's stocked with Zombie apocalyptic survival stuff. :idea:

I have a Shurflo pump in the Kamparoo with built in press sw and it's super reliable. As soon as a faucet is opened, the pump turns on automatically due to the drop in water pressure. As soon as the faucet is shut off, the pump builds up pressure and shuts off. Just a quick ex.

I have a Shurflo pump in the Kamparoo with built in press sw and it's super reliable. As soon as a faucet is opened, the pump turns on automatically due to the drop in water pressure. As soon as the faucet is shut off, the pump builds up pressure and shuts off. Just a quick ex.

this sounds exactly like my solution .. did you have a link or model to find .?

are yours 12V or 110 ..?

I used a 2 gallon pressure accumulator tank, a flotech non-metallic pump and a pressure switch- all individually sourced. the pump runs thru the pressure switch contacts which are rated to handle the load of the pump. the pump gets water via gravity from the tank, pressurizes the line and the accumulator tank bladder till the pressure gets to about 60 psi then shuts off. when a tap is opened, the pressure drops and the swicth closes at about 40 psi(couple minutes of water running w/o pump needed), the pump runs to compensate for the pressure drop and shuts off after the tap is closed and the pressure rises back to setpoint. it is a very reliable system allows me to use how ever much water for however long till the tank is empty-(which doesn't happen due to the other bits in the system) just make sure to also have a float switch in the tank that can keep the pump from running dry should the tank empty....my water system at home was unusable when I got here, now it is just FINE. H2O2 does wonders at oxidizing the water, too, BTW...

I've been reading about pressure accumulator tanks .. so the pressure switch it's physically installed in the accumulator tank ?

this sounds exactly like my solution .. did you have a link or model to find .?

are yours 12V or 110 ..?

Sorry for the delay, been away from the computer for a whole day and I didn't even get the withdrawl shakes, lol!!

Anyway, here's the link to shurflo: http://shurflo.com/rv-products/rv-pumps/rv-fresh-water-pumps

Look around to see which one will work with your application. You may have to contact their tech support to spec out the correct pump.

I believe most RV pumps are 12vdc, as is mine. The press sw is built into the pump so it's a nice package.

The purpose of the accum tank is to have a smooth water flow out of the faucet and to prevent the pump from turning on/off frequently. I don't have an accum tank in my camper so when I turn on the faucet, the pump turns on and the water kind of pulsates as it comes out. An accum would make this water flow super smooth, like in your house faucets.

As an example, my house is on a well and there is a "pressure tank" which does the same thing essentially. The well pump (230 vac in this case) puts water into the pressure tank. When I open up a faucet in the house or flush a toilet, the pressure tank (this has an air bladder inside) supplies the water that comes out of the faucet, toilet, shower head, etc. When the pressure in the press tank drops below 40psi (external press sw), the well pump turns itself on and re-pressurizes the pressure tank, then shuts itself off when the pressure reaches 62psi. Again, this is an example of a typical well pump and pressure tank.

Email me if you got more questions or wanna talk on the phone/skype/Google chat/etc.

Ali

I guess if the pressure tank it's a common method should be a couple options in the market that include tank, pump and pressure switch in one unit ..

I've been reading about pressure accumulator tanks .. so the pressure switch it's physically installed in the accumulator tank ?
no, but to a tee in line between the tank and the pump. My plumbing goes; tank to pump inlet, pump outlet thru check valve thru tee to another tee with the accumulator tank, from the last tee to the filters and house thru a ball valve. the first tee is where the pressure switch goes. My tank has a float switch which is only closed when the level of the tank is above a setpoint level(adjusted by float switch position.) this switch enables the pressure switch or disables it when the tank level is low. the pressure switch then operates the pump based on the pressure in the line after the check valve(pressure is maintained by the accumulator tank when the tap is barely opened or when the pump is off. when the valve is open for long enough to let the pressure drop, the pump will run till the switches set "off" point. clear as mud?

-------pump inlet
........pump outlet---check valve---T--------------------T---------ball valve, filters, house.
.............................................pres....................accum.......................................
.............................................switch..................tank.........................................

power---inside of tank float switch(anti run dry)---relay coil.............................................
power-------------------------------------------------relay contact-------pressure switch---pump.

Last edited:
the - represents water or electrical
the . is a blank space holder
the Ts are the tees in the water line; pointing to the devices they are supporting...

I guess if the pressure tank it's a common method should be a couple options in the market that include tank, pump and pressure switch in one unit ..
there are, but they get more expensive. look at pool pumps...here...http://www.amazon.com/Pentair-Flote...e=UTF8&qid=1429976487&sr=1-29&keywords=flotec

my pump.....http://www.amazon.com/Flotec-FP4012-00L-Shallow-Well-Pump/dp/B0002YXB14 I used the pressure switch seen in the others also bought catagorey....

my tank...http://www.amazon.com/WaterWorker-H...976753&sr=8-2&keywords=water+accumulator+tank

I was given my pump by my boss(we keep them on the shelf). the all in one unit I linked was not as inexpensive when I was looking; might be your huckleberry...

my system is able to do 10 gpm; the pentair all in one is rated for 5 gpm. about the same cost to go either way, but the seperate components will pump 2 time the water...

saw a couple other options .. I would like to have all in one solution .. would need to read more reviews in both setups ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom