Builds Good Ole Rusty (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is the carnage on the wrap bar
DSCN3413_zpsymu8ebqw.jpg

This is the passenger rear quarter panel, don't remember where that happened probably Fordyce. The Bondo came with the truck
DSCN3446_zpsx0vdknlp.jpg

I'd say weld a nut on there but.. ;)

You could pound a socket on there and break it off that way, Vicegrips if you can get a hold of the nuts, Grind some flat spots in the head etc..

Basically anything that can get a good grip.
If anyone tries welding you have to grind deep first, mine had chrome plate. Chrome plating starts with copper plating, then nickel plating then the chrome. You have to grind a fair amount of material off to get through all of that.

Vice grips are a total fail, they may work on the rear but the locking hubs stop you from getting a bite with any vice grip large enough to do any good.

The guy at Big O beat, and I mean beat, an impact socket on then hit it with the Pig Ass IR impact, rinse and repeat until you get it. IMHO this is the best way to get wheel locks off.

Glad you used his sockets :D

I've been driving Ole Rusty to work this week, no better way to find the little bugs than driving a truck every day.
The top two;
The carb needs seriouse adjustment, it is running rich.
The Clutch has some issue I can shift okay if I pump the pedal a couple of times in neutral. Could be; the system needs to ne bled, there is a leak in the master cylinder, there is a leak in the slave cylinder, ?????
I've replaced both cylinders in the last few years but they were factory re-builds so who knows?

Anyway that's the punch list for this weekend.

Carb runs rich? Don't I remember you have a Weber carb? They always run rich. Maybe run a Toyota carb?

I do the same thing. Daily drive a truck a couple weeks before a trip to shake out the problems.

I've been running the Webber since the 80's, never rebuilt it. It probably just needs some love. I never really had much luck with Toyota carbs. I know a lot of people hate the Webbers but mine has been a jewel, I'll get the model number off it when I pull it off.

If it is the same one year old gas in the tank, the gas may be turning to varnish and just not wanting to burn right.
Good thought but I added 5 gallons of fresh gas to the little that was in the tank and have filled up since then.

It rained last night, my seats were soaked this morning. There is no way to get the 40 in the garage unless I but the old rollers back on. It looks like rain again tonight so the seats are cover with trash bags, not an attractive long term solution. :idea: I might be able to fix this one.

Trail cover :)

Trail cover :)
I'm going to start with a set of rain covers for the seats, something like a pack cover. Harbor freight camo poly tarps and a couple of hours with the sewing machine should do the trick.

A couple of blue tarps and good to go. It's not like you're preventing rust or anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom