Paella (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ah yes, paella. No, *P*aella actually... Weekend gettogether with good friends in Spain. Cooked over wood fire. Pulpitos if you're close to the coast. Maybe rabbit. Lots of good Rioja. Oh yes!
Pa amb tomaquet to start with some good olives and the giant capers... Not to forget the Jamon Serrano (or Iberico if you want to splurge - you should).
Grilled sardines at some point if you're lucky enough to have connections...
and finish with almonds and honey and a bit of Moscatel....
ooooh....

Recipe for the Sangria please?

Super easy small batch:

1 bottle of chilled red wine - Cabernet or Sangiovese

1/4 to 1/2 bottle of chilled quality white rum (a hint to taste)

1 bottle of bubbly water (Peligrino, club soda, etc)

3 - lemons

3 - oranges

5 lb bag of ice (if you have it)

Mix red wine, bubbly water and the rum together in a bucket or an open top water jug with a spigot.

Wash and cut into wedges, then squeeze the lemons and oranges in the mix through cheese cloth (keeping out the seeds) Place some of the wedges into the mix to taste.

I don't generally add sugar as the wine and rum add sweetness, but you can sprinkle in a bit (diluted with warm water first so its a syrup.)

Add ice and serve cold and watch 'em giggle-then laugh-then drop! :cheers:

There is this cool camping spot on Fordyce, I think I should share the sangria with my friends at that spot. Thank you for sharing.

great sounding sangria recipe you got there P! Makes me wonder why I've never tasted it :flipoff2:

You want pans and paella fixings go to my cousins store - The Spanish Table - spanishtable.com - the guy is some type of Paella legend in San Francisco.

Great thread on paella on the smoke ring
http://www.thesmokering.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=62348&sid=a85807a7d613d0baad517d101edda77f

It also discusses the discada and paella.
2465PLA1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom