What's this tool? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

e9999

Gotta get outta here...
Threads
20150418_174216.jpg
20150418_174231.jpg
Don't know what it's for. The metal "blade" looks like Aluminum, about 1/16" thick, flat, no sharp edge.
Has a couple of semi-circular cut outs. The "blade"is like 2" long. Light duty.
A scraper of some sorts? Installer of some rubber gasket? Clay tool?
Anybody knows?

View attachment 1063461 View attachment 1063462 Don't know what it's for. The metal "blade" looks like Aluminum, about 1/16" thick, flat, no sharp edge.
Has a couple of semi-circular cut outs. The "blade"is like 2" long. Light duty.
A scraper of some sorts? Installer of some rubber gasket? Clay tool?
Anybody knows?

Edge dresser after laying a line of silicone in a joint? Got me on those cutouts.

dang... 105 views and no definite ID...?
what' this world coming to?

c'mon guys... this is MUD, we (not I evidently) know tools...!

Lutz File and Tool Co.
But that could be just the handle.

In fact, unless I find out soon that this a rare collectible or -better- actually useful tool, that handle is likely gonna end up on one of my files...

LUTZ has been making file handles for over a hundred years - here are some from MAINE Wood Concepts.

If I had to hazard a guess, I would guess that the blade is possibly a homemade 'scraper' to shape plaster trim - like the old plaster moldings on high ceilings - i.e. plaster crown moldings...

well, my homemade tools don't look anything like that, unfortunately. Looks like a real commercially-produced tool from what I can tell/guess.

Lutz File and Tool Co.
But that could be just the handle.

In fact, unless I find out soon that this a rare collectible or -better- actually useful tool, that handle is likely gonna end up on one of my files...
Send a pic to Patrick Leach @ Superior tool Works--I bet he can tell you what this is

324 views and no definitive answer?

Must be that it's a sissy tool cuz MUD always knows...! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom