ACE tintable Rustoleum product (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don't think they had anything other than flat although I'm sure it will turn satin. Its not super glossy.

Here is a link of the truck on eBay. Just sold for $17k....far more than I sold it for.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FJ40...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT&forcev4exp=true#ht_500wt_1182

Wonder if the new owner knows it's an ACE paint job? Probably not. I spoke to the guy who just sold it and he said the paint looks fantastic. It wasn't driven much since I sold it.

$T2eC16FHJGwFFZUK3ZYsBRnlcVp5Uw~~60_3.JPG

$(KGrHqRHJE8FGTqt26muBRnlbwU1Uw~~60_14.JPG

$T2eC16VHJF4FFkr1jgJ(BRnlY07g2!~~60_14.JPG

That's awesome. I love that shade on a 40, too.

I've always had a keen interest in this since the beginning, though haven't been ready to paint the truck yet. So after an ACE just opened here in town, I decided to check it out and see if they still mix their oil based paints. Good news is that they still do it, unfortunately they will stop in September when they get the new updated mixing equipment. Something about the new equipment can mix much smaller amounts of color to increase their color match accuracy, unfortunately they will only be able to handle water based paints. I don't know if this is our store only, or acrossed the board for all ACE stores. Thought you should know just in case you were on the fence about doing this, you may want to get on this quick.

I've always had a keen interest in this since the beginning, though haven't been ready to paint the truck yet. So after an ACE just opened here in town, I decided to check it out and see if they still mix their oil based paints. Good news is that they still do it, unfortunately they will stop in September when they get the new updated mixing equipment. Something about the new equipment can mix much smaller amounts of color to increase their color match accuracy, unfortunately they will only be able to handle water based paints. I don't know if this is our store only, or acrossed the board for all ACE stores. Thought you should know just in case you were on the fence about doing this, you may want to get on this quick.

Any word on this? I am thinking of trying the roll-on paint setup in the next few weeks and being able to paint match my Rustic Green was a big selling point for me. Also, anyone know if Ace will sell just the dye? I'd like to spray on some Raptor Liner in the tub and paint matching it would be great.

I just went there and color matched my LX cladding using a piece of my old bumper. It looks good, but haven't put it on my roof yet. Will be doing it this weekend.

has anyone had any luck finding the clear coat the Thecrazygreek was using?
Valspar LC-30 ??
I tried messaging him it says his mailbox is full
I asked at ACE they have the paint and the machine to match the paint but I lost them when I started talking about this Valspar clear coat
any help appreciated thanks

Valspar LC-30 ??
I asked at ACE they have the paint and the machine to match the paint but I lost them when I started talking about this Valspar clear coat

This is what a buddy told me to use and the mix ratio.
I have not used it.

LIFE • HEALTH • PROSPERITY

image-4028295379.jpg

image-506348260.jpg

I find it amazingly awesome that this thread has lasted so long. I just bought 2 cruisers from AU and will likely do this again with some tweaks. Cant wait!

Has anyone ever tried incorporating a metallic flake to the Ace Rust Stop to create a metallic effect? I'm very interested in trying to recreate a Cobalt Blue Metallic starting with a blue gloss base and adding micro flakes to the mix. Any ideas on this or has it been done?

HI every one, I was searching for a tintable oil basepaint and wound up here. this looks like a dead thread but maybe revivable . I have been to Ace , and asked about the tintable oil based paint, and got a look like I had just dropped my pants and did a happy dance in the midle of the store. They had absolutely no knowledge of this kind of paint ,andtold me that it did not exist .I said that I had knowledge that it does, and I have found several references on line that they were wrong and perhaps they did not have a total grasp on the complete line of Ace products. The instant response was that I must believe in big foot and little gray men from another world. I said that may be true but none the less I found evidence of my quest online. So, can some one help me out . is there a secret code word or a special hand shake or do I have to be a member of the alluminati to obtain this product. am I asking for the wrong thing? I know that some states do not allow the sale of oil based paints .I don't believe that is the case here in Ohio,as they have a full line of rust stop and rustoleum on the shelves.

HI every one, I was searching for a tintable oil basepaint and wound up here. this looks like a dead thread but maybe revivable . I have been to Ace , and asked about the tintable oil based paint, and got a look like I had just dropped my pants and did a happy dance in the midle of the store. They had absolutely no knowledge of this kind of paint ,andtold me that it did not exist .I said that I had knowledge that it does, and I have found several references on line that they were wrong and perhaps they did not have a total grasp on the complete line of Ace products. The instant response was that I must believe in big foot and little gray men from another world. I said that may be true but none the less I found evidence of my quest online. So, can some one help me out . is there a secret code word or a special hand shake or do I have to be a member of the alluminati to obtain this product. am I asking for the wrong thing? I know that some states do not allow the sale of oil based paints .I don't believe that is the case here in Ohio,as they have a full line of rust stop and rustoleum on the shelves.

I had checked a few months back.. they still do carry this line of paint for about $35 or so a gallon. Custom match tint Ace hardware brand. Do this.. check the ace hardware website to find your local stores. MAKE SURE YOU CHECK THE "computerized paint color matching" option when you check the stores. You may have been to a store that doesn't have it. Either that or the sales rep isn't very good at their job. Here is the link to the store locater. You should see the option to tick a box "computerized paint color matching" right underneath where you can enter your zip.

http://www.acehardware.com/mystore/storeLocator.jsp

The was some law apparently passed that phased out oil based ACE paint so I understand.

Wow, this is an old thread, but hey, I think it still has value.

This is the LIC-30 That you need.. When you ask for the Binder Only its clear. http://licindustrialfinishes.valsparautomotive.com/products/LIC30.html

Heres the Rust Stop. Still Availabel here in Oregon. http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12687260

See above...
Valspar LC-30 ??

They stopped making oil based due to environmental concerns

They stopped making oil based due to environmental concerns
Umm. Not in Oregon apparently. Still on the shelf as of yesterday. Also available online.

Off the shelves in MA. They have the water based version now with the same old label. I was told all of it switched obey. Maybe just here

Thinking about using this to repaint my interior. How much would it take?

Its pretty cheap so better to get a gallon so the color will be perfect if you ever need to touch it up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom