Scepter water can mod with sprayer lid (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

PabloVTA

beside La Caja China
SILVER Star
Threads
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1429305055.747145.jpg

I'll cut off the brown lid and leave the gasket.

But it just threads straight on like it's meant to be.

Solo 2 Gallon sprayer, and Scepter 5 gallon water can (copy)

Old mod :flipoff2:

Only thing annoying is the long tube bounces around inside and it does drive me a little nuts.

img_8345-jpg.945292
img_8348-jpg.945293

Zip tie or use o-rings to secure the long tube around the pump tube may help?

Does this make an 'acceptable' shower? (acceptable being an extremely vague reference due to everybody's version of 'acceptable' varying greatly)

no, not really.
Just something to spray off dust/ dirty hands.
I'm guessing you could pump it up real high in pressure and it would go for a bit, but the Scepter can doesn't hold the same max pressure as the Bottle it comes from.
I just took the wand off, so the flow isnt restricted.
WITH the wand on, it's a real fine mist. Not Shower worthy in my mind.

Good enough power to hose off oatmeal...just not dried on oatmeal.

i left the original lid and gasket complete, so I could just transfer the handle to my second tank and not waste one lid.
I also took a fine tooth saw blade to the red "boss" that hangs down below the little "tray" thing on the lid so I could spin it on real tight.
The tray thing doesn't serve any purpose...but having the pressure release on the lid and not seperate is the trick .
I'm sure at elevation trying to get it off would be impossible without that.

the Tanks(red) lid also has a huge O ring and it's oiled. (like petro jelly) so i gave that a quick wipe off.
Mine is riding out back, outside on the swing out, so I wont hear it, but I will add a zip tie just in case. it would suck to have to stick a filthy arm in there to pick up the tube and re-set it on the assembly, contaminating all the water.

My tanks aren't "true" Scepter, but they are made in Mississippi. Exact same thing.

oh, and my 7 year old son likes it..so dont show any kids how to take off the safety, if you know what i mean.

no, not really.
Just something to spray off dust/ dirty hands.
I'm guessing you could pump it up real high in pressure and it would go for a bit, but the Scepter can doesn't hold the same max pressure as the Bottle it comes from.
I just took the wand off, so the flow isnt restricted.
WITH the wand on, it's a real fine mist. Not Shower worthy in my mind.

Good enough power to hose off oatmeal...just not dried on oatmeal.

Very cool idea, I'm gonna try it.

Used to be a drywall hanger/taper and we used this type of sprayer a lot to shoot texture on small jobs/repairs. For more pressure that will last longer, only fill the container half to three-quarters full--more room for air = more pressure. Also most of the wands have an adjustable tip with quite a bit of variation in how fine the spray is, if push come to shove you could drill them out, I suspect.

I've got the Living Overland system on my work bench now. Can't report as to how well it works yet but the system is well thought out.

I'm just trying to decide if I want to source a longer power wire or finish it up as is. For where it will sit inside the truck the length of wire is fine. But if I wanted to move it to the ground or other I'd need something longer.

Scepter now makes a spout designed for their water cans, I've had one for a couple months. Not pressurized, but a lot less bulky and a lot simpler.

Did I or anyone else mention Super Siphons?
I've two in each rig. One has blaze orange tape in the middle--that's the gas hose, the other plain for water.

I have 2 Super Siphons but they waste too much to just spray off or wash hands. I bet that 1 that's linked above would work OK as a shower! Mount it in the spare tire location and viola!

Just a heads up. Solo will sell the pump assembly separate. I ordered 2 pumps with the hose, no sprayer and no tank, for $33. Plan on putting a keg type spigot on one for drinking water and will figure out a spigot for the hand washing/dish washing can.

Hold the phone. No pressure relief valves, in tank hoses or gasket for the pump to top.

Nice! I'm stopping at Home Depot on the way home and getting one for my water can.
Thanks

Just got all the parts in and used a spigot from my old water cans. Works great. A little slow on the delivery, but will help the kids ration the water a bit easier.
Will post up the whole cost of buying separate after the invoice comes. Something tells me it is cheaper to buy the whole jug with sprayer.

Did this last year and it works OK. Slow delivery but still a shower! I rattle canned one side of the Scepter black and we set it in the sun while we're out hiking so it sorta warms up. It fits great in the can attachment on my Slee rear bumper so I get a little more pressure. After seeing mph's Helton on our Dark cyn trip last year I'm definitely going that route next time I have an extra $500 to throw at the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom