'62 FJ40 in the Netherlands (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice pics and nice tires !

:cheers:

We decided to "officially" start the restoration. We don't have a time path, we just start and see how we will go. Today wetook the rooftop and hardtop sides of. On the rear end in the roof top, left and right, we found two small rod clips. What are those for? i tried to make pics of it, hope you can see what I mean.

image.jpg
image.jpg

We decided to "officially" start the restoration. We don't have a time path, we just start and see how we will go. Today wetook the rooftop and hardtop sides of. On the rear end in the roof top, left and right, we found two small rod clips. What are those for? i tried to make pics of it, hope you can see what I mean.

View attachment 1027792 View attachment 1027794

I think those are for a support rod (stay) that helps hold up the bi-folding rear hatch. The rods (stays) are clipped into the the clips that you found when the hatch is closed, then when the bi-fold hatch is opened the rods (stays) attach to j-hooks on the side of the bi-fold hatch to prevent the hatch from falling.

Last edited:
Thanks for the explanation, copy of the parts book and pics. I took a look at my doors (and at the spare set of doors I have) but I don't have these hooks. I put them on my wishlist so if someone has some spares...

We took the tub of today. Before that we took of all the parts out of the tub so it's all empty right now.Wasn't really that hard. Every bolt gets loose quite easily. Love the fact they used brass nuts everywhere.

Most of the removed parts like fenders, bumper, front, doors hardtop sides etc. have been media blasted. We're giving the parts in need the proper restauration, but most parts are in amazingly good condition. Verry little rust in the bottom of the doors but no rot. All the parts get primered and stored until all is done.

Now the tub is removed we had a chance to take a good look at the frame. Also quite good. No paint to be found anywhere, the middle part is filled with sand and stones. But again, no rot.

We're making some good progress. My dad is going to the diy media blaster once a week. And lots of the body parts are repaired and primered. Will make some pics of that soon. We're also removing parts of the engine and chassis. One day I think a lot is done, the other day I take a look at all the parts and think about all the things we have to do. But it is fun!

On these pics of the dashboard we have circled the holes that have to go. I would like a double check and would like your opinion on this. The white switch that is still there is for the aftermarket heater blower motor. There is no switch on the heater itself so we have to make something on the dash. What kind of switch was commonly used back then and what would be a common place?
image.jpg image.jpg

Me=happy!!

I found a real nice door regulator at Tim from Landcruiser specialties. (Good guy to deal with!). I'm very pleased I found this (I was starting to get worried this would be unobtanium). It even came with handle and original bolts!

Foto 13-04-15 17 09 47.jpg
And I bid on a early inspection light on ebay and won :bounce:

Foto 13-04-15 17 10 17.jpg

Our four blade steel radiator fan show some cracks. Is this still available? In our 65 parts book we found part number 16361-60010 is this right?

How did your ignition switch wires attach to the ignition switch? Were they attached with ring terminals? Or did the (bare) wire ends simply attach through holes in the sides of the switch terminal posts just as they would on a light switch and wiper switch? Any photos?

As it is now, the switch I have will require attaching ring terminals to the wire ends, which isn't a problem, of course. Or I could drill holes in the sides of the terminal posts and tighten the wires in place with the screws to mimic the method of attachment on the light and wiper switches. Haven't made up my mind yet and thought I would ask how your ignition switch wires were attached before I decide. The picture of the switches from the '62 shop manual you posted in westaussie's thread is causing me to question my switch---as if obtaining another one is really an option!

Thanks. Here is the switch I have. No holes in the terminal posts.

IMG_0439.jpg IMG_0442.jpg

Last edited:
Our four blade steel radiator fan show some cracks. Is this still available? In our 65 parts book we found part number 16361-60010 is this right?
treeroot found a sticker on on his 64 fan
IMG_0144.JPG

How did your ignition switch wires attach to the ignition switch? Were they attached with ring terminals? Or did the wire ends simply attach through holes in the sides of the switch terminal posts just as they would on a light switch and wiper switch? Any photos?
annie's switch had the wires going into the copper posts with a screw holding them in. no terminals iirc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom