How to program new TPMS sensors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am about to get a new set of wheels and tires and decided to pick up new TPMS sensors as well so I can leave the old wheels as they are.

What is the process for setting up the new TPMS sensors in my LX570 if I don't want to pay the stealership?

I did order the Techstream software and cable from Amazon but have not played with it yet.

Thanks for the help.

I also was trying to do it. I am able to read data but when i programm the sensors it doesn't work. Wondering if there is solution.

1427937718206.jpg

1427937731521.jpg

1427937786048.jpg

1427937820957.jpg

1427937824867.jpg

1427937840277.jpg

Are you planning to program the new set independently to the original or clone them so that the truck does not know the difference between wheels?
Whatever is easier. I'm selling the old wheels.

I have a Standard TPMS coding machine to make clones. It wasn't cheap but it was the only way to make clones.
Let me know if I can help.

Bad obd?? So after talking to seller on ebay trying to resolve lost ecu commu ication error he suggested that my obd connector might be bad. I have successfully changed tmps ids with this cheap minivci clone on my rav4 07.. but it doesn't work on 14 lc200. Is it possible that my obd gone bad or its just more sophisticated connection?

You need "clone-able" sensors not the OEM sensors. I just have my tire shop do it with new clone-able sensors on the various wheel sets and it has not been an issue.

You need "clone-able" sensors not the OEM sensors. I just have my tire shop do it with new clone-able sensors on the various wheel sets and it has not been an issue.
Do you mean same ID for two sets? I don't know why it doesn't program on LC when I programmed IDs from LC wheels to RAV4 ECU.

land cruiser only allows one set of codes so the dealer has to enter a second set of you want to change wheels.
I have a sensor cloning machine if you need it. Sensors are about $50 each but I either need your truck here, your sensors or your sensor codes to enter manually.

land cruiser only allows one set of codes so the dealer has to enter a second set of you want to change wheels.
I have a sensor cloning machine if you need it. Sensors are about $50 each but I either need your truck here, your sensors or your sensor codes to enter manually.
Thank for your help arich. I got oem sensors and they are already inside the wheels. I will goof around with techstream a little more and probably pay the dealer.
Thinking also aboit getting a different cable
http://www.uobd2.net/wholesale/mangoose-vci-toyota-v910038-single-cable.html
Anyone has tried that one?

Thank for your help arich. I got oem sensors and they are already inside the wheels. I will goof around with techstream a little more and probably pay the dealer.
The truck TPMS module will only accept five ID codes for wheels. If you clone a second set (special TPMS sender needed) then you have two sets of wheels with the same (e.g., A,B,C,D,E) IDs. Then you can swap them at will without having to load a second set of IDs into the truck module. Otherwise, the more common approach is to recode the truck module to match the wheel IDs each time you do it. Then you can either pay to have it done each time or buy the kit to DIY. I have not used the referenced cable.

If the sensors are in the wheels Toyota will have to break down the wheels to get the codes. Do yourself a favor and go to a local tire store and have them read your codes through the tires with a scanner. Write those down and hand them to Toyota. They'll change you $50 to recode instead of $50 to recode plus $200 to dismount, mount, balance the tires.
Once you have all five recorded you can have clones made anytime for a second set or pay dealer $50 each time for a recode.
Really makes no sense as my sisters RX has a tire button under the dash for a second set of wheels.

So arich, do you sell the clones or where dose one get the clone sensors.
The tire shop i use has one of those wand looking tools where the hold it up to the wheel till the horn honks, to reset the TPMS, I have only seen them use it on certain vehicles. I am not sure they can read codes with it. I can check though.

I have a couple Ram trucks, and the Chrysler TPMS is very easy, self learning, knows where all the tires are located on the vehicle relearns locations after rotations, learns the on its own the other sets of wheels and tire I have, whenever I switch them.

Sounds like if get a second set of wheels and tires for my LC, I will need some clones made to be able to swap them around at will.

Great thanks for the tip.
I found this one on EBAY for 115.00 , same brand, but it looks like it only does the cloaning funtions. I like yours better, looks like it does a lot more, about how much is a good price for one like yours?
I have been wanting to buy a TPMS tool for some time now.

here is the link to the one I found on ebay
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/TechSmart-T55000-TechSmart-TPMS-Clone-Tool-/310422998410

In case anyone was wondering it is the same cable as xhorse but sold as cheap mongoose. Did not let me program tpms. But can view info and customize setting.

1430110321535.jpg

I have the t55000 too. It did not program the sensors I bought so I had to buy the cheaper t55000. I'd like to sell mine if you want it and I will guide you which sensors to buy with that machine

Thanks Arich,

I decided Saturday to go ahead and stick the Yokohama's I had ordered, on the oem wheels, and keep running my 1.25 spacers and call it good for now.

I was wanting to look at aftermarket wheels and put together a full set without spacers, but was not finding wheels or offsets that I really felt confident in how they would look and that I would like them, and also clearances with the different offsets and rim width changes. The TPMS issues, and so on.

So for now I am just playing it safe and taking the easy route, going with what I know works with the least amount of hassle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom