Builds Nemesis - a deviant undertaking underway (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mucho progress!

How's the angle of the shocks with the U bolt flip kit? I'm still wondering if I might have the wrong kit and would like to see if yours is the same.

Hose: 87245-14500

You should have one already somewhere in your stash.

Thanks - thought I had it but couldn't find it in my mad-scientist role that day. Sent you an email with a fairly extensive parts list - including that hose. I'll dbl check tomorrow and let you know.

Appreciate the watchful eye. . .

Mucho progress!

How's the angle of the shocks with the U bolt flip kit? I'm still wondering if I might have the wrong kit and would like to see if yours is the same.

Man - that was my first 'real' wrenching job on the 60. Absolutely CRAZY.

Angle of the shocks? Hmm. . .should I measure the angle?

I lined them up with the center of the flip kit and had no clearance issues.

How do I check the shock angle and what should it be?

I will need sleep meds after this post. . .and really, thanks for the learning tip.

Looks good Shane.

K-

I'm really blessed to have such an understanding and PATIENT shop. Aside from being one of my closest friends, the owner and his family are patient in ways I'm not sure I could be myself.

It's scary - so many parts everywhere - so many little 'this goes here, that goes there, but this goes on before that' - hard to keep the OCD in check and just had to turn the inner voices off for a while.

quadruple-checked everything, compared against the 'before' pictures, then had the guys double-check my work.

It was fun - worked from 0930 to 2230; barely made it to work today and yes, there were quite a few muscles I hadn't realized I hadn't used in a while.

The complexity of the suspension/steering R&R made me real nervous about pulling the body off...but I"m going to do it - even if I have to fly 'the boys' down here to help me put it back together, hehe. Hmm. . .maybe that's a plan:

Come spend a long weekend in New Orleans. Stay at our beautiful house, we'll feed you & take you out on the town - but bring your work britches b/c we'll be taking the body off of the 60 and breaking it down to the frame!

Sounds like a vacation package a few ppl I know can't refuse. . .or might go MIA once they read it.

Hah! Let me talk with the :princess: I'd totally be up for that...sounds like a great vaca to me. Maybe Mel could take Tram and the girls to see the sites while we're up to our elbows in grease, oil and dirt. When are you thinking.

I need to do the tie rods and knuckles on my 40 soon as well. Looking forward to it.

Hah! Let me talk with the :princess: I'd totally be up for that...sounds like a great vaca to me. Maybe Mel could take Tram and the girls to see the sites while we're up to our elbows in grease, oil and dirt. When are you thinking.

I need to do the tie rods and knuckles on my 40 soon as well. Looking forward to it.

K-

I'm about to put myself on life-support, hehe. I'll talk to Mel and will PM you with some ideas. I'm thinking after Peru - just have to decide 'nice weather' or 'for the love of God, make the heat/humidity stop weather'. Hehe. . .

Just a picture from the side with the wheel off will do if you happened to take one. No big deal if not. Thanks!

The stock shocks are pretty much straight vertical seen from the side. My flip kits put an angle to the shock on both front and rear. I'm wondering if Man-e-fre sent me a set for a different vehicle.

K-

I'm really blessed to have such an understanding and PATIENT shop. Aside from being one of my closest friends, the owner and his family are patient in ways I'm not sure I could be myself.

It's scary - so many parts everywhere - so many little 'this goes here, that goes there, but this goes on before that' - hard to keep the OCD in check and just had to turn the inner voices off for a while.

quadruple-checked everything, compared against the 'before' pictures, then had the guys double-check my work.

It was fun - worked from 0930 to 2230; barely made it to work today and yes, there were quite a few muscles I hadn't realized I hadn't used in a while.

The complexity of the suspension/steering R&R made me real nervous about pulling the body off...but I"m going to do it - even if I have to fly 'the boys' down here to help me put it back together, hehe. Hmm. . .maybe that's a plan:

Come spend a long weekend in New Orleans. Stay at our beautiful house, we'll feed you & take you out on the town - but bring your work britches b/c we'll be taking the body off of the 60 and breaking it down to the frame!

Sounds like a vacation package a few ppl I know can't refuse. . .or might go MIA once they read it.

Well once everything settles down a bit with Andrea and I, ( recent events, finally selling the house, moving and setting up a new shop) I'd be up for a wrenching vacation.

J

Just a picture from the side with the wheel off will do if you happened to take one. No big deal if not. Thanks!

The stock shocks are pretty much straight vertical seen from the side. My flip kits put an angle to the shock on both front and rear. I'm wondering if Man-e-fre sent me a set for a different vehicle.

Shop had the wheels back on to move it off of the rack - got this pic but will take more next week:

Correct me if I am wrong!
But aren't those U Bolts suppose to be pointing down?

Correct me if I am wrong!
But aren't those U Bolts suppose to be pointing down?

Jorge-

Good observation - yes, typically they are but I ordered the 4Plus flip kit from Dave. Absolute beefy product and they look friggin badass.

Shane

Oh ok!
So if that's the case don't you cut down what's left of the threading. From the pictures looks like it will go through the oil pan on a good bounce. Or hit something

Just read the thread on the flip kit. I get and see why!
Pretty cool rather then doing a SOA on it.
Truck is coming along Shane!
Keep up the good work!

Well once everything settles down a bit with Andrea and I, ( recent events, finally selling the house, moving and setting up a new shop) I'd be up for a wrenching vacation.

J

J-

Understand - priorities first. After you get you get square & settled, door's open and crash cart on the standby. I'll go sedate Onur, then crate him (in a Toyota OEM crate) to the house. If everyone shows up at the same time (you guys, Onur, K & his family...the list keeps growing), we can have a mini mardi gras celebration. It'll be fun regardless. . .

Oh ok!
So if that's the case don't you cut down what's left of the threading. From the pictures looks like it will go through the oil pan on a good bounce. Or hit something

Yeah - and the back is the same, hehe. Didn't have time bf it was put off the lift. Cutting the excess is job #1 this coming Monday - if I can get some lift time. Thanks for the reminder. . .

Started prepping the engine bay for painting:

Installed J's door trip pieces:

Found a bunch of grommets/gaskets/bolts/washers I need to replace:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom