Max wattage of rear a/c plug? (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have used it to power a cooler (can't actually call the Coleman powered cooler a fridge/freezer) but I would not use it for much more than that. I think it is only rated for 120 - 200 watts (or 1-1.75 amps)

Update. I plugged my Dremel into the back AC Port and left it in the ON position (carefully placed in confined box) then turned the vehicle on.

After a few seconds I heard the Dremel begin to hum and then took off full-speed. Then I took my 4 1/2" grinder and tried the same thing and zip. Too much amperage required?

I guess this port does not have enough juice to power more than my Dremel :meh:
I nearly burnt out the fuse when i plugged in my angle grinder. Tips of the fuse went brown. I had to pull it out clean it a bit and put it back in before it worked again

I have used it to power a cooler (can't actually call the Coleman powered cooler a fridge/freezer) but I would not use it for much more than that. I think it is only rated for 120 - 200 watts (or 1-1.75 amps)

Other than some smartphone/cellphone/tablet/camera battery chargers, going to be hard pressed to plug things in that pull that amp range. At least what you would want to plug in. So much for the coffee pot and crock pot.

Yeesh! That thing is wimpy!

Might be time for:

genset.jpg

It 100 Watt AC. Which for 110v circuit is just shy of an amp. So u can run a bright LED drop light and that is about it. Pretty useless really.

Got me thinking. In my FJ Cruiser I was able to run the ARB fridge off the inverter. The inverter in it could do 400W. Guess that was enough to get the compressor in the fridge fired up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom