ComeUp Winches (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone had any experience with these winches ? I hadn't heard of them until my friend Tor mentioned them, they look pretty good. Thanks

They are actually made in Taiwan (not China). Been researching them quite a bit myself. I've talked to a number of vendors, Slee, Cruiser Outfitters and a few others that are carrying them as a secondary line of winches besides the Warn that they carry. Pretty universally I'm hearing very good things about them and commonly hear "its the next best thing to a Warn". FWIW, I just ordered a Comeup. I went with the SEAL DV9s (synthetic rope). Line speed seems good. Reliability seems to be excellent (which is really the key), and another feature I like about the Comeup is that they are completely submersible including the contact box.
Here's the link to the one I ordered. I should have it in a couple weeks when I pick it up at Jeep Safari. I'm happy to report back after getting it installed and using it a few times.
http://shop.comeupusa.com/p/seal-gen2-9-5s-12v-winch?pp=12

Last edited:
Thanks, Adam, as I was really looking for real experience. I'd love to hear a report after you install and use it. Tor seemed impressed, which is a big thumbs up !

The DV12 Light looks exactly like my EP9.0 Superwinch that had been discontinued by them a few years ago. Prices seem high compared to what is out there now.

I have a Seal Gen 1 9.5rs installed on my FJ and it is great. It is installed in a All Pro bumper and prior to that, I had a Rough Country winch in there. I had to make a small mod to the bumper to get the Rough Country installed, and glad I did as I needed that same mod when I installed the ComeUp Winch. Mine has Synthetic Rope and wireless control. I will be adding one to the LC100 as soon as I get a bumper for it.
IMG_1027_zpsfezrvlaa.jpg
IMG_1026_zps4ifhrutw.jpg

Last edited:
ComeUp Winch does some private label stuff, for example, they do 2 for SuperWinch and one for BushRanger (an ARB winch brand sold only in Australia).
So it isn't too surprising that some Superwinch models look alot like some other brands.

That bumper and winch look great, BoiseFJ !

Got my SEAL 9.5s Gen 2 over the weekend. Thanks again Ty! I was in Moab for EJS and working for Tepui. While I was there Ben Huang (president of Comeup) came over where I was showing tents and we chatted for quite a while. I was already confident about my choice to go with ComeUp but after talking with Ben I felt even more certain that it was a good choice. Ben is committed to providing the best winches on the market. The quality and features speak for themselves. ComeUp is a fairly young company and not that many know about them but the ones who do have nothing but good to report about the winches. They are showing to be extremely reliable, totally submersible, quality components. I'm excited to get mine hooked up soon and start using it (hopefully not too often) :)

Finished up my winch install with the COMEUP Seal 9.5s
Really impressed with the quality of the winch so far. Looking forward to trying it out. Line speed is pretty good. Not the fastest but definitely not slow. The synthetic rope looks like excellent quality, as does the included fairlead.
As part of my order I also got a winch dampner and a pair of gloves. Not a big deal but will be nice to have.
Since my ARB bumper has been modified (was originally a winch bumper, but the PO cut all the winch brackets off as well as the lower skirt) I needed to add in some way to mount the winch. I like the higher clearance lower part of the bumper and it was pretty simple to solve the mounting. I used a universal winch cradle that I was able to weld across the frame mounting brackets of the bumper.

Bump
@Box Rocket update on the comeup?
What kind of update are you looking for? I can tell you that my COMEUP has been used a lot since I installed it and it's never skipped a beat. It's repeatedly been setup to winch multiple consecutive rigs on group runs and never showed any signs of overheating or anything else. It's been completely reliable and a workhorse. Exactly what I had hoped from it and I've been more than satisfied with the purchase.
IMG_0732 by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

@Box Rocket thanks for your input. Your review was what I was wanting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom