Our '87 4R SR5 Honduras Coffee/Missions Rig Build... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'll ask him about that. I may have to order those online while out and ship them to him.

Thank you!

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1427831623.103013.jpg

The timing chain with driver side steel rail?

My buddy with my old 4R towed Pepe to the dealership. :D
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1427901840.960522.jpg

Daniel, I actually got next to your old 4R a few weeks ago. Didnt realize your buddy bought it, just knew you sold it. Still looks great!

Yeah that's the only thing that made the sale bearable. :(

Ok so the 4R is apparently fixed and some sort of air intake leak! Doh!
They are going to also finish my front lift, several front joints, water pump, chain, adjust valves and track down a weird sound.

He video scoped the cylinders and said they looked great and you could still se the factory scoring marks! He gave the truck thumbs up and says it's been well taken care of!! Feeling pretty happy, except for the bill... :eek: Oh well, Gods good and life is life! ;)

Leave for Honduras in 1 day for 2.5 weeks, gonna be an ADVENTURE! :D

-Daniel Kent

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1428354565.049876.jpg

They are still working on it. But the lift is on. I think the front should come up a bit more. Thoughts?

Hard to tell from that angle. How much stuff are you planning on carrying in the back? Remember that new springs will settle.

Steel bumper with swing out in rear. Likely jump seats, roof rack, rack ladder, tools.

Front will be steel bumper with 9500# winch and high-lift.

Front is about 1" lower than the rear right now and the rear springs are heavies +450.

I'd have it go up the 1 inch. Then it should sit a out even with all the stuff on the rrar with the front winch.

Before
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1428400175.419556.jpg

After
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1428400189.292510.jpg

Where did the rear center cap go from the before picture? That thing looks sharpe

They are in my garage. I figured I'd loose them on the trail so why stick them on. :D Probably just sell them, dunno right now.

Well since I have no where else to vent, here goes! The dealership raised the front, but failed to look at tire clearance before moving the bleeping truck and ruined both front tires and to top it off they won't pay for BLEEP! Apparently since they are installing what I gave them they aren't liable. I'm seriously pissed, but I'm really going to try and put this behind me as they are just covering there rears and they are good friends.

AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rant over I guess!

That is a huge bummer! Where did the tires rub? Must have been some serious rubbing for them to get ruined that quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom