Ty's FJ62 SOA build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got the rock lights on a dedicated switch. Way better than digging through the console trying to find the wireless remote and then trying to figure out what button to press without them flashing.

Here are some iPhone pics. They are seriously way brighter in person
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1427690719.907926.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1427690736.020600.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1427690750.454464.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1427690766.124205.jpg

Here are some pics of the switch plate..
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1427690828.137170.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1427690851.542559.jpg

It's made out of an old plastic cutting board. I spent all day yesterday looking for some black textured plastic sheets but had no luck. I had dinner at grandmas that night and she had this sitting by the garbage. Cut it out and it looks awesome

I will get some video on the lights later.
I just had an awesome photo shoot today. It consisted of sick cruisers, ripped pants, loud rice rockets, burning rubber, bright red and blue lights, and a poor boy being arrested. Pictures and full story as soon as they upload.

It was on a public road but way down at the end. People go out there all the time to do stuff like that. The guy with the grey Nissan was the one that got arrested. The cops pulled up while he was drifting. The kid pulls over and gets out. Cop- "this your car?" Kid- "yeah". Cop- "well was your car. Turn around" they put him against the car and threw the cuffs on.
My guess was that there was another reason to impound it besides reckless driving.

Funny thing is the cops looked at me and my friend in the cruisers and just told us we could leave.

Today I replaced the tranny fluid and did an oil change. The tranny filter wasn't too bad but had some crap on it. I filled it back up and took it for a spin. It shifts way nicer than before, but still sometimes shifts late. I'm guessing I need to adjust the kick down cable? Tighter or looser if it's shifting late? Sometimes at speed it doesn't like to downshift either.

After adjusting the kick down cable the truck drives awesome. It's ready to take the drive out to Fordyce or Rubicon soon! I also took the slack out of the accelerator cable and it is a lot more responsive. She's getting there!

Next on the list is to fix the wiggly shifter. Then I need to decide if I want to run the cold air intake or not.

I decided just to slap the intake on and see how I like it. Nothing crazy happened. If anything it just freed up some space and made the old 3fe look fancy. I can tell that there is more air being sucked in though.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1427943215.299113.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1427943236.520424.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1427943262.861838.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1427943276.834581.jpg

That filter is a step backwards man. Those spectre filters are garbage. I've gone through 4 of them in the past two years.

Do your engine a favor and go back to the factory paper element setup.

Agree factory only for me

Just so I understand, why is this setup worse than stock? Seems to get more air to the engine..
Are there any cone filters that you would suggest? I like the space it gives me with this intake, but if it's bad for the engine then it will come off

Well, this is just my opinion (and I've done some reading on the subject)

K&N style filters were originally designed for racing, where the main goal was extra horsepower, not so much engine longevity. They do flow more air, that is proven, but let in more dirt. Now, exactly how much dirt/dust, I'm not exactly sure.

Also, those Specter filters are the poor mans K&N, who knows what amount of filtering they actually do, Auto Zone specials.

I just value my engine (and money) more than to trust the bling filters. I won't even look at a used car if it has a open style filter on it.

But, there are thousands of varying opinions on the subject. Kind of like which oil filter is best. I do know one thing, if I was any where near a dusty environment, I'd keep the stock style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom