Builds SLOW 71 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pat,

I'm hoping soon as in early Summer. My problem is I keep adding or changing stuff. Want it all together, then start wiring. My Wife keeps threating to make me go traveling in her Focus, if I don't get it done soon. I'd rather walk!

Hey Bob,

That's funny you mention that breather. A smaller size just came in the mail today, but still need to figure a better mount, never did like that.

Thanks for keeping me straight!

I do still need the panels and I know you've been busy, no worries.

Care to share the specs on your breather setup? I need to combine my trans and xfer case breathers and run them to the firewall. Would also like to terminate the front axle breather there as well...

Beautiful rig!

DPV7070,

Sure, I just ran clear tubing from the transfer and front diff., combined with a tee and changing to this new filter. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000OO4PS0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
The one in the picture has a bigger nipple, reason for the large piece of tube. I wanted to use clear, for chance of catching a problem early, if oil backs up in the tubing. The rear diff. was run up inside the back along with the air lines for the air lockers. I have the compressor in the back.

Thanks for looking!

Here you go Bob, should of done this a year ago.

IMG_2853.JPG

Ron, first off WOW!! The detail to your truck is crazy sick!!
I've been trying to read yours and J Mack's build threads from start to finish looking for answers on my build.
Just a quick question about your door guts. I'm getting everything together to send out and have Cad plated. Did you strip every part down as far as it would go and clean or did you plating guy clean the parts? No one in Wa state will touch car parts. I found a place in Arizona that will do it but kinda on the fence about it.
Thanks for you time. Tony

Awk338,

Thanks for reading my novel. :) On the cadmium plating, yes I media blasted all of it, which they require it done, just cleaning won't work. My guy would do it at an extra cost. Be very careful when you blast the window gears, make sure you clean and flush the crank regulators over and over. You need to get all the media out. It will stick to any left over grease and ruin the reg.

Cadmium plating is several times better than zinc plating for holding off rust, but it's not as ( pretty ) as yellow zinc plating. Don't expect shiny parts with cadmium and it cost more to do.

COST... I can say without even adding up the total, I've spent over a grand on plating. It's very expensive and I didn't have to ship it. I cadmium plated everything, at least the worry of rusted parts in my life is over.

Pick your battles!

You've got a great team there, Ron. Homestretch. Your wife knows how to motivate you...

Ron, the dash turned out great and i like the roof...unit?...even better seeing it installed.

So we're still on to trade pigs once your finished right? ;)

I've been plugging away at a lot of little things and making some good progress. The Alternator came in and put new belts on too. The alt. can produce 250 amps and 180 at idle, should be enough to keep up two batteries. Finally mounted the manifold for the heaters and heat exchanger.

IMG_2868.JPG

I had rebuilt the power steering box awhile ago, but also felt there was too much slop in it and I couldn't adjust it out, so I sent the box to West Texas and let them rebuild it. They also drilled it for a ram, if ever wanted. We're in the middle of a mix up, lost my box and pitman arm, sent a bad box and /or arm, as a replacement and I had to send them back, so working it out. J Mack helped get me straight with hose fittings, so I can plumb it right, Thanks Man :beer:.

Here's a picture of what you can use the aircraft style track for. Flashlights, fire extinguisher or even netting to hold stuff off the floor.

IMG_2870.JPG

Looking very clean, nice job Ron! :beer::beer::beer:

How long before you can start it up?

Jason,

Service was good. They build to order and it took @ two weeks, just as they said. The unit is extremely over built, right here in the USA and should serve me well.

Thanks David,

You know how it goes, could do better on the next one. Learning the tricks of the roller was the biggest thing. Square tubing is just not made to be rolled. This one will serve it's purpose.

Thanks David,

You know how it goes, could do better on the next one. Learning the tricks of the roller was the biggest thing. Square tubing is just not made to be rolled. This one will serve it's purpose.
yep...but not MUCH better; you've seen to that.

My Wife got tired of waiting for me to finish the wagon and made me take a trip with her. We're back and got some stuff done. All the hoses are made and installed for the power steering, working on the heater hoses now. Was able to install the grille and winch, hopefully for the last time.

My electrician had a major health issue and had to back out from wiring the wagon, but he did set me up with another hotrod shop to do all of it. He is using the same wiring kit that J Mack recommended, so I'll be happy when that's done.

The Tuffy console came in, still needs to be mounted and a light installed. Mounted two footwell lights, so we can see in the seat boxes.

Finally got the steering stabilizer bracket moved on the cross member and got it installed, just a bunch of little things off my plate.

IMG_2889.JPG

IMG_2890.JPG

Someday I need to start on the bumpers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom