Looking for pics of LED rear work light on telescopic pole (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking for pics of LED work lights mounted on a telescopic pole at the rear of the vehicle. I used to have a bunch of ref info, but can no longer find it. Searches on the web, and here did not yield too much. The only thing close was a Kaymar version, which is no longer avail.
image.jpg

I like this dual spot/ flood LED light.
image.jpg

The only thing I have seen is on this thread
Das Bus on post 59

Im thinking if a portable flag pole would work... just as well...

Last edited:
A couple weeks back I saw a nice yellow adjustable fibreglass pole in the drywall section of Home Depot, but there was no price and it was way too long. Looks like they used them to hole sheets of drywall in place for ceilings etc, but the other ones were jack type poles.

Super easy to do.

IMG_0753.jpg

I will do the same on the next 60 bumper I make (sometime this summer). Just get two pipes, one that nests inside the other. Weld a pad onto the outside of the outer one, then drill and tap that pad to fit a knob (any hardware store should have them) to tighten against the inner pipe.

It really is that easy.

Dan

Check out this link. Looks like what your looking for. http://www.expeditionutah.com/2013/04/paint-pole-led-camp-light/

Thanks. Exactly what I was looking for.

Super easy to do.

View attachment 1099538

I will do the same on the next 60 bumper I make (sometime this summer). Just get two pipes, one that nests inside the other. Weld a pad onto the outside of the outer one, then drill and tap that pad to fit a knob (any hardware store should have them) to tighten against the inner pipe.

It really is that easy.

Dan

Being an engineer, I always tend to over complicate things just a little. Being in the rust belt though, I would need something that wouldn't succumb to rust too easily.

Being an engineer, I always tend to over complicate things just a little. Being in the rust belt though, I would need something that wouldn't succumb to rust too easily.

Easy solution:

Do it with aluminum. Only difference is you would need to add a bracket to attach that to the rest of the bumper. Easy enough though.

Dan

Thought I would update this as I purchased a few things for a used Slee first gen rear bumper I picked up recently. I will be adding a telescopic work light amongst other things. Found a stainless steel telescopic pool in the paint section at the local hardware store as well as some tubular clamps from Chandlery. Had purchased a work light that looks exactly like the one Kaymar used in the orig post from a Princess Auto, but returned it because the lens cast a checkered pattern which I found annoying. Ended up ordering the LEDs below as my work light. Will post pics when I am done modding the Slee bumper.

image.jpeg

image.png

image.png

Having internet issues at home, so can't measure right now, but wall thickness was about 1 mm. Company is called "Richard" and may only be avail in Canada.

Richard Tools - about us

Some poor pics of the light. Lights up an area roughly 22 - 25 yards x 17 - 20 yards wide. More than sufficient I think for a rear work light. Light was about 4.5' off the ground pointed down as much as the slots in the brkt would allow.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Some of the light itself.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:
One more of it mounted to the extension pole. Was going to run the extension wire inside the pole, but the locking mechanism is blocking the bottom. Will try to get a Deutcsh mtg clip to attach the connector to the pole.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I just bought some extn poles (window cleaners) to start on this. HAve some LED lights but ned to figure out wiring and supports

I'm also going to be doing something similar to this. I would like to wire mine into the reverse lights so it turns on automatically but I might just have to put a switch up on the dash. I just don't want to run all the wiring though.

I have a 13" LED light mounted to my rear spoiler that is wired to my reverse light. I also have a manual override switch I added on the rear PS cargo panel. Still haven't decided how I will manage the switching duties for this work light. I really want a hidden weatherproof switch added to my Slee bumper.

Camera "Monopods" (Like tripods but with one leg) can very very rigid if mounted right

Actually I have made a bunch of this sets ups for "Inner corners" with cheap tripods, since each leg can be adjusted, you can control the light position and angle very well..

Bouncing of the walls or direct, on the inside or outside, just keep in mind that with Three legs you can place the light exactly where you want it, vertical/downwards if you are working in the engine bay for example..
r-dubb%20kids%20and%20final%20drive%20027-XL.jpg

Also call me cheap, personally I call it "pennytech"

bicycle stems make some great mounts, the "Quills" can go inside tube (like Yakima racks) or the treeless come in three usual diameters 1"/1 1/8"/1 1/4" and the "Face plate" in 22mm 25.4mm, 26mm (old school road bike) and 31.8mm (you can buy them for almost nothing and they come in all kind of lengths and angles

Windsurfing, oh man endless possibilities, light carbon mast that break all the time (big wave riding)

Motorcycle triple clamps (bicycles with dual triple clamps too), oh man all kind of diameters, super rigid plus many come with a bunch of bores already made.
IMG_6549-XL.jpg

Just think "Three world country"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom