FJ80 sandwich = new bumpers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just wanted to give an update. Here are some more pics after I removed everything except the rear frame crossmember.
IMG_1368.jpg IMG_1369.jpg IMG_1370.jpg IMG_1373.jpg IMG_1374.jpg

on the front, i'm worried the a/c dryer may have been damaged. its been moved a bit so the little canister support doesn't line up properly. it looks like the metal trim below the grilled pushed back on the top of the dryer and moved it a bit. otherwise the front seems to look ok. the rear is about as expected. i couldn't figure out a good way to cut out the crossmember easily, so i think i'm going to let the body shop guys get it out. there appears to be a little damage to the drivers rear panel under the tail light but not significant. by the crossmember getting pushed back, the bar that sits on top of the tire that attaches to the sides of the crossmember went back about an inch. this in turn deformed the small metal channel that allows access to the crank mechanism to get the spare down. not sure how that's going to effect the repair/estimate. i talked to my body shop and he's fine with fixing everything except the bumpers and i'll install my own later. the quote i got from allstate was $3700. this was done by an adjuster before i started removing stuff. thanks again for all the help.

Don't you live in Irondale?
Man, that front Valance looks like it could be bent back out very easily. I've done that plenty of times.
Also, I've cut off the rear cross member a handful of times. LOL.
If you are done with insurance... Let's get to work! I can come to you and even bring the tools. I have a pelican case of angle grinders and sawzalls, blades and cut-off wheels.
Easy-Peezy and ready to just bolt the 4xLabs bumper right up! Don't give a body shop money for "fab" work cause they will rape your wallet.

Plus, I just wanna hold the blue/CE/locked 80...
I mean, I go through a couple of macbook Pro's a week at work setting them up for the new user... and it makes me not have to have one a home... MAYBE this will work with the blue 80...

My spare was pushed forward hard enough in my accident to put a good bend in the rear panhard rod. It seemed strange because the spare ended up back in a fairly normal position several inches from the rod. Your damage is a lot less than mine, but you might want to check your panhard rod.

There's no need to unbolt the "stopper" rod that keeps the spare off the cross member if you are cutting off the cross member anyway. But if you do unbolt it, be careful. Mine was under a lot of spring tension.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom