The Vegtable Garden Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Who'd a thought, one can purchase a cool heirloom mater at Fry's.

Hot tomatoe.jpg

Yep, but I've never seen the Valentine special. Be sure to save and plant the seeds.

PS, when did they put a Fry's in Podunk?

Planning, there is a Fry's within 50 miles of every Podunk.:cool:

IMG_0333.JPG
IMG_0334.JPG
Just put in many of the peppers. I planted the tomatoes last week, probably too soon. They were pretty small. Slugs/bugs. Most of them are heirloom varieties that I can't get anywhere, which sucks. I collect the seeds each season and when I can I replant them...

Peas were pathetic. Again, slugs. Winter was too warm here.

A few of my tomato seedlings will probably make it. So there's that.
IMG_0333.JPG
IMG_0333.JPG

Last edited:
Tried to edit and it got worse.

:lol:

New MUD

:bang:

Four maters and four peppers and a bunch of seeds two weeks ago. Lost one mater, everything else is happy. Chilies are loaded with flowers, onions, garlic and snow peas are thriving.

Early spring gets it all going. But the bugs also thrive. We'll see who wins. Lizards and geckos are out early too. Hopefully they can hold off the onslaught.

For those of us with scorching summers, strategic planting of okra is good for instant shade. Okra is one of the fastest growing veggies, to 5-6', thrive in the heat and have huge leaves that provide nice shade for sensitive plants. Even if you don't like okra it serves a purpose, it's also an attractive with beautiful flowers.

I should have planted last weekend, friging early spring here which would have been good If I had exploited it. I have Friday off next week with the grand daughter, plan to plant most of the stuff with her then.

We were out in the garden yesterday and I gave her some beet greens from seed I planted in the fall. She loved them, it took a lot of redirection to get her to leave the garden before the plants were stripped bare.

I was compelled to grow a garden in a grade school class. Its about the only thing worthwhile I learned in that s***ty school.

My boys take a salt shaker to the garden when the radishes are ready. Could not ask for more.
Also get them involved in making something that they grew, results in a better diet. No more Chetios.

Forecast heading this way on Thursday morning, I have grape sized peaches already.

It snowed this morning....<heavy sigh>
Hammered by hail last week.

On the plus side I had the opportunity to ski some awesome powder-over-rocks...

Hammered by hail last week.

On the plus side I had the opportunity to ski some awesome powder-over-rocks...
Could be a good season wheeling, the trails will be dry early.

Fresh greens on our salads tonight, beet and garlic. Garlic greens on salad are friggin awesome, thanks to whoever here mentioned that. The beet greens are from seed I threw out in the garden last fall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom