Pig Body Repair (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That's interesting because I was going to do a 3d scan of my pig just for grins.

Do they print/create directly in metal??

That car was done with some kind of polymer. You can print in a bunch of plastics and metals like silver, titanium and steel. There are other materials but I don't know a lot about it. If I were to do body panels I wouldn't do steel anyway. I have a 3d model of a chevy truck I'll post some screen shots of. It's only 1 or 2 steps from being uploaded to a 3d printer to make a scaled model. I might get my scanner this weekend and do my piggy. I was going to use it create a new clam shell back window.

Megadoomer.
Can you scan the rear 4 wheel frive and Toyota emblem for me, I would like to make a repro ank hav yet thought using this method to do it??

I don't have the 4wd emblem for the tailgate on my truck. I would need to get one or have another pig at my disposal. I can do the Toyota tho.

Thanks, and nevermind. I ll find an other solution. I am thinking to do a balsa wood project and copy it in synthétic material. If it is nice Ill be able to do one for you . and others.

A titanium pig with a clamshell back window! I think I may have just soiled my drawers...
Ya it's beyond my pay grade but you could call it TI TEQ.

A teaser.

1427585189190.jpg

so this is a snap shot of the points from 1 scan. You can see missing data on the back 1/4. That's because its a black vehicle, I thought it wouldn't be too bad because its flat black and really dirty. When I scan the panel directly it picks up all that data much like at the doors. I scanned the truck from 8 different views and got real good coverage, but I haven't unified all the setups so I can only view one at a time. When it gets unified I will have a more complete model. The badges didn't come out very good, it might be because the PO painted those black also.

megadoomer.jpg

Ya, totally. I can export a 3d PDF that's really just for viewing. Most other exports that you can manipulate require software. If people have solid works or anything else I can provide what ever they want.

I would like to scan the bottom but I don't have a lift. I did a scan of a Chevy Colorado for a forensic project and I got the inside, outside, and underside. It came out really good.

Got registration done between work tasks. So now all the angles are lumped together. Still need to clean some more noise. I wish I had a better vantage because I couldn't get the scanner high enough for the roof. I really wish my pig wasn't black for this task, it just absorbs so much of the laser.

did you get this done yet? when are you gonna produce and sell pig bodies for rc cars ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom