Buying a Food Dehydrator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NorCal Cruiser

I don't post much
Threads
I've owned the predecessor to that dehydrator for about 30 years. Haven't used it much for the past 10 years, but used it a lot prior to that. We used it to dry food for backpacking, primarily. Works great for jerky, spaghetti sauce, fruit leathers, pineapple (for upside-down cake on the trail, mmmm). Also good if you have parsley, cilantro, and other herbs growing in a garden.

I've owned the predecessor to that dehydrator for about 30 years. Haven't used it much for the past 10 years, but used it a lot prior to that. We used it to dry food for backpacking, primarily. Works great for jerky, spaghetti sauce, fruit leathers, pineapple (for upside-down cake on the trail, mmmm). Also good if you have parsley, cilantro, and other herbs growing in a garden.

The predecessor to the Open Country or the Excalibur?

the Excalibur is a very nice dehydrator -- it would be my choice. They used to be made in Sacramento...not sure if that's still the case.

the open country dehydrator is similar to one that I had previously and while it's okay, the drying tends to be somewhat uneven at times.

The predecessor to the Open Country or the Excalibur?

Sorry. :D

The Open Country. Mine was called the Marvelizer, but it had the same type of base and used the same trays and cover. It always worked flawlessly.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to see if I can pick up an Excalibur from the factory.

I've been wanting to get an Excalibur for a while. IIRC there was a 4-tray version available, which would be great for the GF and me.

Very curious to see how jerky would come out in a dehydrator as opposed to my smoker (old Luhr Jensen Big Chief).

I have no experience, but how far are you from Mantweeka. You could go to Bass Pro for a hands on look.

I have no experience, but how far are you from Mantweeka. You could go to Bass Pro for a hands on look.
Mantweeka? What am I missing here? My brain is creating disgusting things that it can mean...

Bought an Excaliber 9-tray today off CL today. Might have never been used. $100.

Sorry I was looking at anothers location. Manteca is a city in Ca with a Bass Pro, and the city is known for major meth activity, hence the name Mantweeka, for all the meth heads running around.

google...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom