sliders & BJ74 exhaust, pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jblueridge

SILVER Star
Threads
Anyone familiar with the Metal Tech sliders?
Will the box for the exhaust get around the flex pipe that's on my BJ74?
It seems a little out of whack to me, but I have no comparisons.

You can see the exhaust in these pics.
https://crusierstuff.shutterfly.com/pictures/44

Mine has very little clearance and would rattle when I cut the engine off or on cold startup. The drop is right under the flange. I fixed the rattle by gluing a piece of high temp diamond plate rubber on the flat between the exhaust and the leg. I still get a thump out of it every now and then but otherwise all is good.

See pics in post 227 and 228 here. https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/19...er-new-management.823346/page-12#post-9617644

Thanks for the reply and pics/link Elk. The rubber is glued to the slider mount?

I did not know that the flex pipe was a standard part. From Parts catalog I could not tell.

Good information for me to have.

Anyone else?

20150327_114159.jpg
My sliders are from Cruisin OffRoad but same basic idea. When I ordered them I just supplied Jason with the measurement of how far my 3" exhaust hung down and he altered the mount to fit. I will eventually add another similar mount / guard farther back to help protect the exhqust

Thanks for the reply and pics/link Elk. The rubber is glued to the slider mount?

I did not know that the flex pipe was a standard part. From Parts catalog I could not tell.

Good information for me to have.

Anyone else?
Yes. I used high temp spray adhesive.

The @Cruisin' off road sliders have a really really nice attachment system and will be built to wrap around the exhaust as mentioned above.

The dollar is strong, now's the time to buy Canadian!!!

If you're doing serious wheeling, the large lip that protrudes ~1.5" below the frame on the MT sliders are a problem, they get caught on rocks:

IMG_0289.jpg

Here are the sliders Jason just built for my 74:
image.jpeg

I love my cruisin sliders on my 77!
Nice on the Dimpled fillers Fireball. I had mine filled in with Diamond plate.

How much of a modification is it to re-route the exhaust inboard?

the only problem with inside the rails is if you have the vac diaphragm on the on the transfer case. From memory i dont think you have that do you Hulsty?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom