Hitch Mount bike rack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
home.nc.rr.com
Unsolicited endorsement of the 1UP USA bike rack. I have it on my 62, solid as a rock. give them a look if you are in the market for a rack.

I have had a cart loaded from their site on my desktop for weeks.

Curious as to how you are locking your bikes to the rack? With their pin locks or are you using a cable lock.

Thanks!

I have this same rack on my 100 now. I had it on my 80 also. I have the two bike rack and then two more single bike attachments. We had four bikes on the way down to Moab last fall and I can easily say there is no better tray rack on the market. 1UpUSA does make a wheel lock but it is pretty hokey. Your own cable locked to the hitch or the rack itself is the method to lock bikes. I use a combination of U locks and cable locks to secure the bikes.

If a tray rack is not your thing, look at North Shore racks or the Soft Ride racks that hold bikes by their handle bars. My second choice for a tray rack is the Kuat NV. The 1UPUSA is still nicer, though more $.

Order placed. Thanks thegoodword and mpeagan. That pin lock looked super hokey and I had added it in and taken it out multiple times. I ordered the double with a few single add ons and a hitch extension. I have plenty of cable locks that I use for a 20+ year old Yakima rack that holds the bikes via the rims. Looking forward to the 1UP.

I am on my second Kuat NV rack. These have some nice features, such as the "bike rack" addition for doing trailside adjustments, but they are just not all that durable. If you hit anything with it at all, it will break and then wobble precariously. I think I'm gonna replace it with the One Up.

which one specifically are you guys suggesting? I'm in the market now... looking for a hitch mount rack i can move from the 200 to the 80, back and forth.

OK, never mind now that i've read some on their site i see what i need.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom