EMS Powered Cat back Exhaust Semi-Long Term Review (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Any idea which Magnaflow # you have?

Likewise, mine is still problem free...also with the Magnaflow. I did put on a Moroso spiral flow to cut down noise, which helps.

So what is the exact setup (pieces) you're running?

Doug thorley headers, EMS Mid pipes (no cats), Magnaflow main "muffler", and Moroso spiral flow "muffler" near the exhaust tip... Exhaust tip out the rear, not downward.
Any chance for a sound clip?

Doug thorley headers, EMS Mid pipes (no cats), Magnaflow main "muffler", and Moroso spiral flow "muffler" near the exhaust tip... Exhaust tip out the rear, not downward.

Also would really like to see pics if that's not too much to ask.

I have EMS mid pipes and while they work fine the cat shields rattle/vibrate during acceleration. Drives me nuts.

Was thinking about doing magnaflow from the headers back, but worried about the sound being too much. Intrigued with the spiral muffler add...

I have EMS mid pipes and while they work fine the cat shields rattle/vibrate during acceleration. Drives me nuts.

Was thinking about doing magnaflow from the headers back, but worried about the sound being too much. Intrigued with the spiral muffler add...

Guys, I'm off on a ski trip at the moment... I will try post a video and some photos when I get back...

This weekend I replaced the garbage EMS muffler with a Magnaflow replacement. No more rattle.

Which magnaflow did you use

i'm getting quite annoyed at the drone at highway speeds. i'm starting to look into different options. I have the moroso spiral flow that i purchased, but that didn't quite get rid of it. I'm looking into other solutions. Anyone have any suggestions?

Put on a factory resonator?

I've found that the Magnaflow I just installed to replace the crappy EMS muffler has reduced the drone. It's still there, but quite a bit better.

Was it a direct fit or did you need to make changes.

DT Headers and EMS Cat Back with no issues. It was a quality product but poorly managed company

Was it a direct fit or did you need to make changes.

The 3" exit pipe on the EMS muffler was welded on, so the Magnaflow will have to be welded too. The 2.5" inlets are clamped.

I've got a complete EMS cat back exhaust system with a never been used muffler. $200 and it's all yours. I'm in San Diego, you'll have to come here to get it.
Is that exhaust still available?

Here's a photo of my moroso attached to the EMS.

IMG_1389.JPG

Mine lasted less than a year. Went back to stock and I'm glad I did. Of all the mods I've done the cat back exhaust is the only one I've regretted

Mine didn't even last 2 months. Biggest piece of junk ever. Ruined my trust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom