What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (70 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I always enjoy the pics you post of that pretty blue paint. Good idea on those washers.:beer:

Found some filters for the 3FE.

image.jpg

I will have to say that I am more than impressed with the light output on my headlights now that ive upgraded to 80/90w bulbs and the upgraded harness with relays, wiring, ceramic plugs.

The difference from the 50/60w is amazing, thinking the harness also might have something to do with it.

Ordered new tailights for the 45 and some electrical goodies from Coolerman. Hopefully some of it shows up tomorrow i have time to tinker.

Well, we are 1300 miles from 44... Oh, how I miss her!!

She's been leaning about 1.5" on the drivers's side and squatting a bit when my aux tank is full. I wanted to surprise her when I get home, so I ordered a "BOSS Airbag Suspension Load Assist Kit---LAND CRUISER 1963-1990" from SLOCRUISERS.

They were delivered today - maybe my eldest Daughter (in Vegas) will install them... :hmm:

Also picked up a new constant companion-in-waiting, to help Gunner, down the road. Gunner has started training Chester in the nuances of Danny and will ensure continuity of companionship. Also, Chester will be sidelined for about six weeks... Until he has all his shots.

Chester at 11 weeks

image.jpg

Gunner at nine years

image.jpg

44, Gunner, Chester, a completely supportive Dianna (45 years married next month!!) and all of Nevada and Utah, as a 4X4 playground... Priceless - it can't get any better than this!!

Well, we are 1300 miles from 44... Oh, how I miss her!!

She's been leaning about 1.5" on the drivers's side and squatting a bit when my aux tank is full. I wanted to surprise her when I get home, so I ordered a "BOSS Airbag Suspension Load Assist Kit---LAND CRUISER 1963-1990" from SLOCRUISERS.

They were delivered today - maybe my eldest Daughter (in Vegas) will install them... :hmm:

44, Gunner, Chester, a completely supportive Dianna (45 years married next month!!) and all of Nevada and Utah, as a 4X4 playground... Priceless - it can't get any better than this!!

You ARE blessed! You can hope that those air bags are installed when you get back...but, maybe don't hold your breath :p

I don't have a mentor for my 9 week old choc lab, and she's about to drive me insane! Smart pup, and very adventurous (yeah, I could have used several other words of description, but adventurous will suffice for now...). Beretta has learned quickly how to handle me...with those sharp, intense eyes and staring directly into my eyes...trouble, that's what I see...;)

Skip

Just a thought (don't ask me how I know) but is it possible that the gasket from the old filter was still on the engine, and now there are two gaskets on there? You shouldn't have to tighten it that much.

Wise ass yes, not sure that I am a wise man though - I've just made a lot of mistakes!

Glad you were able to catch it before repeating it the way I found it!

Good catch... been there and done that also. :D It's the sort of mistake you only make once, or at least I hope.

Disgustingly , nothing for 8 days now - had surgery - no drivey Cruiser , stuck with the Taco only . Not all bad , did finally buy the Taco a new toy - Ultragauge MX1.3 w/trans temp included now and liking that . Nice to see what all those electronic nannies are doing while driving (at a glance , btw ) . Which , btw - figured out that thing is only running 175-185* fully warmed up which may explain the horrid fuel mileage , Beno is getting me a new thermostat and serpentine belt . My all-German GSD is driving me nuts - dad can't play either and he's only 3.5yrs old so getting a bit stir crazy and wants to wrestle , which is not good for dad . He's already tore out 1 stitch pouncing on me , think he's finally filling out and must be pushing 90lbs , was suppose to be around 80-85 . Since we're doing doggy-pics -

@ 7wks -

11152010275.jpg

Can't find a current pic for some reason....? Only disappointment is he's got a folded ear that only stands when he's irritated , which in a way is good . He's an Old World GSD , very old bloodline bred for Search and Rescue and the first sold to be a family house dog - breeder almost wouldn't sell him to us for that but his instincts are great in the house . Visitors , not so great but he's learning . Easiest dog to train I've ever met - show him something once and he's good to go and works mostly on hand signals instead of voice commands . Loves the Cruiser and thinks it's his , best truck alarm money can buy as no gawkers can get close to it - he learned how to get the windows down and pursue invaders out to 20' away , then goes back to sitting next to the truck . Had to explain that once to a local cop , he was laughing about it , thankfully . Need to figure out how to lock the window crank handle in place with it down 2" or so , otherwise he's getting a paw on it and shoving the window down when someone approaches his territory , any ideas ?

Also , I have an issue with the Cruiser not holding it's temp up in cold weather , seems to drop down after initial opening of the thermostat and wonder if that top gasket is not seating somehow - need to fix that . I did learn the blower's heat output works best with the fresh air vent open , which is odd in a way ? One would think heat output would be better using recirculated air from inside that is pre-heated , not on these trucks though ...

Sarge

@fj401978 You see trouble, Huh Skip? I feel pain... Chester has razors in his mouth!

image.jpg

In his defense, he's teething and he only punctured the skin... I jerked away and ripped my skin.

@Weber Sarge Handsome GSD!! Sorry, I don't know how you are gonna lock your window crank... Unless you can remove the handle. My Son-in-Law's friend Ryan has a dog that gets impatient and starts honking the horn. Starts with short honks and works his way up to laying on the horn until Ryan runs to the truck! Gets a lot of laughs when Ryan tries to dine in a patio.

Last edited:
I don't have any tech to add to this thread. Still too busy with outside (property) stuff that has to be done NOW due to unseasonably warm and dry weather for this area, so I haven't had time to even start to check out the F motor that I got from SuperBuickGuy. I'm struggling to even keep up with Mud.

Danny, looks like Chester needs a non-living chew toy. We TRY to keep a horse butt ball for our Boxers to play with. If you are not familiar with them, they are hollow plastic balls about 12" diameter, with a D handle moulded into them during manufacture. The first one we got lasted several years. The D handle was solid and held up to Jasper as he liked to grip it in his mouth and swing it violently back and forth so hard it would hit each of his shoulders multiple times within a few seconds. Jasper eventually got his mouth around the ball and deflated it, but it still made a good chew toy.

Don

Thanks Don, I've broke him of it. I finally realized that he only does
it when he's hungry. Now, he licks my hand instead.

Don't work too hard.. Unless it's TLC related!! :doh:

Danny, it's too late. I overdid things today, as usual. Not TLC related either. Getting an area prepped/leveled for a greenhouse. A hot shower helped some with the kinks in my back. A good nights rest will usually take care of what's left. Oh the fun of having a bum back.

By the way, the greenhouse is going to set where my 40 used to set, the best place I have for sun. My 40 is now setting back under the trees. Now I have to go tear down the greenhouse so I can move it to my place.

Don

Does it count as self recovery if you use your 80 to pull your wife's 70 out of a snow drift in the ditch? If so, that's what I have done with my 80 and 70 this week while the 40 sits patiently in the workshop awaiting further metal transplantation (see sig)

The whole problem with the windows is the mechanism - it's just not tight enough hold the window against his huge paws , he just shoves the window down when he wants out . I have to leave it open a bit to vent the truck , he's a long coat and gets really hot easily so he needs the fresh air . Just have to figure out a lock on the door panel to hold the handle so he can't force the gears down .
80 pulling out a 70 qualifies as a 10 degree difference , sure it works ...lol .
Sarge

image.jpg

Why I love my Land Cruiser: my kids think this is normal drive home.

Little shovel and we pulled out.
image.jpg

Pete

Working on brakes this week.
Am going to pull the front seats out next week and get them recovered.
They will need some new paint on the backs also.
Way to cold here to do to much but sounds like spring will be in the air next week.

Well, I did it. Cut a hole in the dash for a tach. I will say that it had non-factory holes in it already but still gave me great pause. So here it is. Great tachometer from Auto Meter 2697Z. Liked it because it is small (2") and had a 5K resolution so 2500 puts me straight north. Also want to thank @fjgoober for the upper and lower dash pads! Still have more holes to fill but seeing as my heater box is just a shell amplifier for my bluetooth speaker, the sticker will cover the other holes nicely for now.

Before...
003 (4).JPG

After.
002 (3).JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom