'68 build-- aka -- TANK (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Had the wife run by my local Toyota dealer in the next town over to get me a oil filter for the 2F.. WTF is this thing... lawnmower filter? After a few searches, these are the replacement that most dealerships are using now... WHAT A JOKE!! Damn thing even has made in Thailand on it...

I guess I'll use it for the break in period and go to a WIX after that...

J

DSCF2748.JPG

Had the wife run by my local Toyota dealer in the next town over to get me a oil filter for the 2F.. WTF is this thing... lawnmower filter? After a few searches, these are the replacement that most dealerships are using now... WHAT A JOKE!! Damn thing even has made in Thailand on it...

I guess I'll use it for the break in period and go to a WIX after that...

J

View attachment 1037974

I've switched to Mobil1 filters. Here is a thread on exactly what happened: https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/top-secret-jdm-only-oil-filters.841674/

Just found this thread.

Good work. I want to see more :)

That engine is gonna look awesome.

Just found this thread.

Good work. I want to see more :)

That engine is gonna look awesome.

Thanks A,

Trying to fab most of the day and work on two cruisers is WORK!!

Goss was in the home stretch and then I decided on a 100% custom dash... SO! that'll put me back some time. Hope to get the 40 frame wire wheeled, cut and stretched very soon.

J

Motor looks good, are you going to have enough belts with the single groove water pump pulley to run everything? I see the three groove crank pulleys but..

This has been bugging me for a while. You have the "dented" pushrod cover but the old electronic dizzy. Why haven't you upgraded to the newer style dizzy that came in the FJ60s?

Motor looks good, are you going to have enough belts with the single groove water pump pulley to run everything? I see the three groove crank pulleys but..

Here ya go.. double pulley with OE aluminum spacer.. Once I get the motor and radiator installed I'll look into a flex fan.

J

DSC00004.JPG
DSC00021.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom