What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (53 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

X2, that's pretty bad, hopefully it looks worse than it is.

Drove with a visiting fellow overlander to another town to get a new window after some youth busted it to steal actually nothing. It's not possible to get another original window for his 2001 HZJ78 in Chile. So now he has a laminated window glued into his door until he reaches Bolivia or Peru to get the original one. After that we drove to one of the lakes here to do a hike. Beautiful landscapes!!!
View attachment 1039459 View attachment 1039460
IMG_1942.JPG
IMG_1945klein.jpg
IMG_1979klein.jpg
IMG_1986klein.jpg

Last edited:
Developed a coolant leak...I can't tell if it's coming from my upper radiator hose or thermostat housing. Haven't had time to clean it up and get a close look yet. I'm thinking it's coming from both.

Took my 8-week old for his first Cruiser ride. He liked it, and predictably, fell asleep. (13-year old brother took the pic while little Brent was still awake)

IMG_5170.JPG

Lurker to obsessor.

Brought my new to me 1995 FZJ80, Factory lockers, 218 on the clock home

Sold my 2004 Tacoma DD prerunner for this eventual to be expo vehicle.

Shake down run on a local trail was amazing. Pics to come.

Let the games to begin!

More 3 link progress (4WheelUnderground kit)

All brackets cut off. Started tacking up a few of the new ones. Waiting on some hardware to install the knuckles, and also waiting on the shock towers and lower coilover mounts. Cutting off the OEM shock towers and panhard bracket was a pain. Radius arm brackets up on the frame came out real easy.

Driver's side frame all cleaned up. But I cut my rear brake line with the grinder by accident. It was getting dark and I didn't have good light set up. FAK. It's the really long line that goes all the way to the back too. Think I'll cut a section out, re-flare and add coupler in its place.

16502387340_df3cf9a936_h.jpg

Panhard bracket really only goes in one place so I started to tack that in. Not much room to get this one wrong so no need to wait for the axle.

16689783355_4d746abc2e_h.jpg

16503645169_66f9c05633_h.jpg

You could tell Brian put a lot of thought into this intricate bracket.

16067463074_549a8da7c3_h.jpg

You could see the part of the OEM bracket I left in place. No way in hell I was going to try and remove that in between the steering box bolts.

16663843316_808a17514d_h.jpg

Driver's side control arm bracket

16067460304_57bfb787fd_h.jpg

16663834276_6b92876b21_h.jpg

Passenger side bracket that has the 3rd link mount built in. This thing is a BEAST!

16688757342_f15aad966b_h.jpg

16663839776_c14a6838e6_h.jpg

16688755002_f1d3b936e8_h.jpg

I installed a replacement radiator, then decided to see how my distributor cap would hold up to dropping a shop light on it. The shop light survived; the distributor cap did not, so had to wait for a new cap and rotor to arrive today. Good thing, too, as there was some corrosion going on under there.

I installed a replacement radiator, then decided to see how my distributor cap would hold up to dropping a shop light on it. The shop light survived; the distributor cap did not, so had to wait for a new cap and rotor to arrive today. Good thing, too, as there was some corrosion going on under there.

I am going to have to do the same. I thought I had a leaky hose, but my radiator is leaking in between the metal and plastic.

Today .....installed cdl switch, did 7 pin mod, tied dome lights together via kickpanel connector jumper so both come on when any door is opened, also installed the AJIK spare tire lift tucking my 315 up under pretty nicely.....altho i did have to remove my hitch receiver for it to work out

So this weekend i guess i will be modding my hitch receiver so i can get it back on

Noticed my front floor boards where underwater!

I removed all the carpets... was thinking about Raptor liner or putting down vinyl flooring.... What do you think?

So this begs the question what is causing the leak? it was no small amount of water. I checked the usual suspects IE the sunroof or the wife leaving windows open. Nope

I checked the roof rack and :doh:

Guess that is this weeks project. Any ideas for a fix on this one... outside of taking it to the body shop?

Then I moved on to what I had planed for this weekend, and removed the flares and installed my new snorkel.

Been there, done that...just get a piece from one of the part out thread guys and it is already the right contours to fit in, Jason (@arcteryx) at cruiseryard is great...
DSCF4133.jpg

Doesn't have anything to do with the weekend but...

HOW DO I GET AN IH8MUD STICKER!!! :)

send a self-adressed stamped envelope to Woody

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom