Warn 6000 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 67 FJ40 had this mounted to the front bumper. It is operated by cables from the cab.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1425231169.649539.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1425231188.148789.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1425231200.082327.jpg

Anyone have experience with this setup?

Yup, that's a Belleview. If you can keep it on the truck its a time period correct winch for your rig. Should work
fine still. You're not taking it off are you? Does it work okay?

Don't know what I'm doing with it yet...
Don't worry, I'm not asking to acquire it, I've got an old 8074 for my '73 FJ40 and when the body is done, it's
going right back on. Classic!

when i started wheeling those were about the only winch out there ,nothing wrong with them except they are old school i still use them on my car hauler and equipment trailers

I have the same one and it seems to work.

Any reason why I can't switch from steel cable to synthetic? I would assume I'd cut a ton of extra pounds.

I have the same one and it seems to work.

Any reason why I can't switch from steel cable to synthetic? I would assume I'd cut a ton of extra pounds.

No reason at all, lots of folks do it. I run synthetic on my 8274 which looks to be the same drum.

I just picked one of those up. Two things;
There is no automatic brake on it. Meaning, when you "stop" using the winch to pull you forward, if you don't hit the pull brake yourself, you'll slide backwards.
There also is not a power out setting. Only in.

Modern winches have all of those features which make them a bit nicer. however, that is a cool old winch, and they are workhorses and vintage cool.

Does it work?

Cool! I have the same winch on a 74 parts rig I just bought. Will have to see it it works!

I just picked one of those up. Two things;
There is no automatic brake on it. Meaning, when you "stop" using the winch to pull you forward, if you don't hit the pull brake yourself, you'll slide backwards.
There also is not a power out setting. Only in.

Modern winches have all of those features which make them a bit nicer. however, that is a cool old winch, and they are workhorses and vintage cool.

Does it work?

Yes, works like a charm! The PO used it quite a bit in the mountains.

When I first got the truck, the brakes where seized and it was prone to not starting... I must admit the winch helped move the pig around.

I still haven't made the switch to synthetic, no need yet since my rig is still being "fixed up" and hasn't seen any trails under my watch.... But saw some HF line that seemed pretty reasonable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom