OME Suspension (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had a bad experience with a '96 Toyota 4wd pickup my son used to drive. I ordered new wheels that the tire shop claimed would fit. Finally came in, new tires mounted and I gave the set to him for Christmas. We go outside to bolt them up (a redneck Christmas story) and they rubbed the calipers. I spent a lot of time trying to find the right spacers for the front and eventually did, but they made the front wheels stick out noticeably further than the rears if you looked at the right angle. I did not feel like adding them to the rear and making those stick out too would improve the look much. We sold the truck when I gave him the silver 60. So, $1,000 later the truck really didn't look like I hoped it would.

The whole experience just turned me off to the idea of using them. Your truck looks great, maybe you put them on front and rear?

Yep. 1.5" front and rear.

Last edited:
Anyone?

I don't see 37's working with anything but a SOA conversion...especially offroad..unless you might be talking about cutting up the body.

Then how did reevesci do it? Page 2 of this thread

must have some serious shackles and body lift..... I have 35's on SUA and 2inch body lift.

FIXED...said SOA...meant to say SUA..

Last edited:
Then how did reevesci do it? Page 2 of this thread

All of the spring and shackle hangers are spaced down from the frame with a block of some sort.

The details are buried somewhere deep in his build thread.

All of the spring and shackle hangers are spaced down from the frame with a block of some sort.

The details are buried somewhere deep in his build thread.

Cam is correct. The perches have been modified, with 5 3/4" shackles, 1/2" body lift. No cutting of the wells required. I changed out the front springs to help with the winch bumper, soon to be dual batteries and added 7100 Bilsteins, rides like a Cadillac now.

Here is a shot before a little work and with 35s.. I need to flex it out again with new 37s, springs and shocks.

J

p1030477-jpg.866209

p1030480-jpg.866210

p1030481-jpg.866214

p1030479-jpg.866211

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom