Fat Bikes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What do you mean are they slow trekking? The increased surface area and displacement will probably make them a little slower to ride initially but it is like anything else, you will learn and either compensate with how you ride or how strong you are.

I was thinking relative to a 29er, I'll be riding with guys on 29ers and don't want to be to far behind.

Zona

Pedal faster, then your buds will be thinking about getting dropped by you!

hahahaha, ok--sounds like I need to get in better shape! ahhhaha.

Zona

Bikes and components make a difference, but it's the machine pushing the pedals, ultimately that's what's important. Strong riders can run real tank bikes just as fast as a carbon 29er or fatty with the right training. Don't forget riding technic can also make you a faster rider, picking good lines goes a long way.

Last edited:
Bikes and components make a difference, but it's the machine pushing the pedals, ultimately that's what's important. Strong riders can run real tank bikes just as fast as a carbon 29er or fatty with the right training. Don't forget riding technic can also make you a faster rider, picking good lines goes a long way.

I'm going to buy a carbon fat bike--which one? I don't know yet. It would be great if they made a 27.5" Fat bike eh?

Thanks for the tips,

Zona

No problem, good luck with your search. I recommend looking at the Salsa beargrease or Borealis Yampa or Echo with the BLUTO front shocks (although I don't see the need for a front suspension with the fatties.)

Last edited:
No problem, good luck with your search. I recommend looking at the Salsa beargrease or Borealis Yampa or Echo with the BLUTO front shocks (although I don't see the need for a front suspension with the fatties.)

What do you think of a used Echo with Bluto (2014) for $2,900.00?

Zona

What do you think of a used Echo with Bluto (2014) for $2,900.00?

Zona
That's $1000 cheaper then their lowest model (msrp.) Depending on what model you are looking at you should try to search for a new left over 2014 unless you really know who your buying from because Carbon cracks are very hard to see.

Holy cow, I didn't even think of the cracks, thanks hombre! Have a good one.

Zona

I wore out the 26x4.6 Specialized Ground Control tires after a little more than 2,000 miles. So ... the logical step was to mount up some slightly larger 26x4.8 Surly tires (Bud & Lou):

FatBoyBudLouWeb_08FEB15_zpsnzui5wk9.jpg

Surprisingly, they are much quieter than the OEM tires :confused:

I was sceptical at first, never having a carbon bike but so far it's been great. I don't see any point in having front suspension once you get the tire pressure dialed in
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1425266871.039271.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom