Sears Die Hard Platinum discounts every month! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Any new deals on these? I would love to get a 31M under $300.

I've been checking on them multiple times a day and even signed up for Retailmenot.com Already have the 31m but need the 34m. When I bought the 31 the price was going up and down almost weekly. They've been sitting at the same price for at least 3 week:mad:

I have yet to see the 31M for less than $310. I'm starting to think about going with the Interstate or Exide blem route if Sears doesn't offer any discounts soon.

Talked to the manager at Sears the other day, and they don't expect any sales or discounts any time soon. I'm not sure if it is just my location, or in general.

I was at Sears yesterday and asked if they had any upcoming sales on DHP batteries. Associate said "no". Not sure if they know when sales are coming, but it has been a good while since their last sale on the DHP 31m.

I called Sears today and asked about the prorated warranty and they no longer offer it. It is now just the 3 year free replacement. That got me looking around for alternatives and this is what I plan on buying later this week:

http://www.batteriesplus.com/product_search/44091-Premium-AGM-31-X2Power-Battery-SLI31AGMDP.aspx

I get a small discount at Batteries Plus for being a city employee, so I can get this thing out the door for the same price as a DHP 31M. The BP battery is a rebadged NorthStar NSB-AGM-31, but with a 5 year free replacement warranty. It also has better specs than the DHP 31M. Here is a link to the NorthStar site for the specs.

http://www.northstarbattery.com/1.0.1.0/266/NSB_AGM_31_(SES-542-89).pdf

Looking at the X2Power 34M and DHP 34M. The DHP beats the price of the X2Power by $2... I think the X2Power wins with its 5 year warranty. The Battery Plus store is closer than the Sears. But of course what will happen is as soon as the X2Power is purchased the DHP will go on sale and with a coupon it'll $90 less or so:bang:

Will the 31M fit OK in an 80 series?

Looking at the dimensions, it seems too big/tall.

Yes w/some modification.

For me it was just a longer piece of angle iron and some longer J-bolts.

Looks like they've got a sale on them now. According to the site they're $25 off.

looks like costco has changed their batteries, no longer selling kirkland, only interstate, but the only interstate battery they have has like 550 CCA. Is that considered too low for use on a cruiser? what does the stock battery in these truck have? I am mostly concerned with having a long reserve capacity when camping.

although nice, these batteries seem overpriced to me vs. the other options out there, especially at $310 a piece!

Yes that's too low. Go to autozone or Oreilly and get there AGM. It's a rebadged Deka.

***ETA*** They are Deka's, not Odessey's.

Last edited:
Yes that's too low. Go to autozone or Oreilly and get there AGM. It's a rebadged Odyssey.

I don't think that's the case. At Oreilly, the AGM is a rebadged Deka Intimidator. Their other FLA batteries look like Johnson Controls batteries like Costco (supposedly JC bought Interstate and so own the name).

At AutoZone I have not looked, but will today.

It's a slippery area and no one really seems to know, and the contracts change all the time. 80s are difficult because your really need a Grp27 with reversed posts, which is not that easy to find, and many places (even Costco) want to sell you a Grp24 or 34 as a replacement.

I have decided to go with 2 of the interstate costco batteries, deep cycle marine type, largest they carry is the 27dc, which should work well for my application and use. What I really want is to run 2 of the same deep cycle batt as they continuously get connected when using the blue sea setup. I just can't fathom spending 600 bucks on sears batteries. These are $78 bucks I believe each and I plan on getting a refund for my existing kirkland batt I have in the truck now.....

http://www.vaughns-1-pagers.com/local/kirkland-auto-batteries.htm

I don't think that's the case. At Oreilly, the AGM is a rebadged Deka Intimidator. Their other FLA batteries look like Johnson Controls batteries like Costco (supposedly JC bought Interstate and so own the name).

At AutoZone I have not looked, but will today.

It's a slippery area and no one really seems to know, and the contracts change all the time. 80s are difficult because your really need a Grp27 with reversed posts, which is not that easy to find, and many places (even Costco) want to sell you a Grp24 or 34 as a replacement.
You're right, they are Deka's. Which is a damn good battery.

I have decided to go with 2 of the interstate costco batteries, deep cycle marine type, largest they carry is the 27dc, which should work well for my application and use. What I really want is to run 2 of the same deep cycle batt as they continuously get connected when using the blue sea setup. I just can't fathom spending 600 bucks on sears batteries. These are $78 bucks I believe each and I plan on getting a refund for my existing kirkland batt I have in the truck now.....

I agree with this approach. The Grp 27 Marine batteries from Costco work reasonably well in our applications. They say they last 3 years but if you keep them charged properly with something like a BatteryMinder here and there, and top the cells with distilled water, they will go longer. The house battery in my 80 is 4 years old and still works perfectly and will hold 12.8V. Considering they are 1/3 the price of the DHP it seems like a reasonable choice. I doubt a DHP is going to last 3 times as long as one of the Costco Marine battries.

Finding Deka regular starting batteries is not easy, but from what you read they are the best manufacturer right now. I appreciate the theoretical advantages of AGM batteries but the price vs value is a bit hard to swallow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom