The Cursed Build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So I don't have pictures of my truck right now, but just finished putting new spark plugs in our SUV. Was only running on 6 cylinders. One broke on half the other fell apart as I was removing it.

1425239739180.jpg

Those plugs were toast long ago.

Oh yeah, they were put in about 3 years ago. With the new ones it runs so much smoother and acceleration is way better. New set of plugs I get for my Toyota with probably be Toyota plugs with NGK wires

So this truck should be do soon. All that's left is reseal the front axle, flatbed, leaf springs from alcan with blistein shocks, paint the cab back to a tan colour, and figure out my surging idle. Now when I start the truck after cleaning the upper and lower intake and the timing chain it revs up then drops immediately and it does this til it warms up then goes away until I shut it off and it gets cold.

Okay mud, I could use some ideas, 34 out today and the truck wouldn't even crank over. I didn't have time. It later I'll jump the battery but it doesn't seem to be that.

Now when I start the truck after cleaning the upper and lower intake and the timing chain it revs up then drops immediately and it does this til it warms up then goes away until I shut it off and it gets cold.

Search IACV. Opening too much, allowing too much air to bypass the throttle, until the coolant heats it up and the bypass closes off. When the idle gets too high but the TPS tells the ECU that the throttle is closed, it shuts off the injectors for a brief second or two. Difficult to adjust. I had to buy a new IACV.

Okay mud, I could use some ideas, 34 out today and the truck wouldn't even crank over. I didn't have time. It later I'll jump the battery but it doesn't seem to be that.

As in, the starter won't crank? Check your grounds.

I jump started it ad it fired right up. And I was reading about the IACV. But for now I think I'm going to ignore it unless it gets to bad, as this is an 89 throttle body. An I saw you spent a decent amount of money for one..

It's unfortunate that it's such a huge pita to adjust. You can confirm that it's the problem by putting a piece of duct tape over the port inside the throttle body just in front of the butterfly.

Ill do that once I get my new air filter and am under the hood again

So I must have left something on the other night in my rig. As it started fine this morning which was colder than yesterday. And the idle is still acting up but I'm also checking for the issue today as I have to remove my throttle body to change out gaskets for a Mr. T gasket.

So, can anyone tell me the difference between these two tires? I know what it is but I'm wondering if its really that noticeable.

1425429130883.jpg

1425429141666.jpg

1425429148790.jpg

I also got the gasket for my throttle body from Mr. T. That thing fits so much better. I would suggest getting one if you ever pull if you T-body. I also adjust my timing more and now it isn't doing the surging idle issue.

I need some help, finally made my solenoid box got everything transfered in. Followed the diagram to a T. And now my motor is sometimes sticking on and even if I remove the solenoid ground will keep on going. Is this a sign of bad solenoids? And the motor let out smoke, and was so hot you couldn't touch it without burning your self. This is an 8274 by the way.

Hopefully somebody will help you out over in your Winching & Recovery section thread.

BTW, you should stop using the mobile app, it's terrible. I stopped using it months ago, it's not even installed on my phone now. If you open MUD in your browser (assuming Chrome on an Android phone) it will know to reformat for mobile use. Much betterer.

This is a lot better, and I did post it up there as well KLF, just wanted to double my chances with posting it here as well.

Thank you to @cruiserdan for the parts. With the new knock sensor my CEL is finally off and the air filter looks great compared to my old dusty one. I also retarded the timing and my idle issue went away after a few days so I think I got some crude stuck in the IAVC while cleaning the TB and the higher timing made it worse. I also added my warn off road lights back on to the truck and it does made a world of a difference driving back roads at night time.

IMG_20150308_153006594_HDR.jpg

IMG_20150310_154142519.jpg

IMG_20150310_154859731_HDR.jpg

Yep, Cruiserdan rocks. Glad things are finally coming along.

Thank you pappy. Its nice being EFI. Thank you for the idea all the way back on page one of this thread. So much better for cold mornings, fuel economy is around 17-18 now and its fun to say I've got a fuel injectionrd 84 Toyota pickup

Wel it's finally debate one leaf springs. I'm getting closer to actually ordering a kit as I'll need new springs and a new 4.56 gear for my truck with the flat bed and winches. I can get an OME HD kit which is about 2.5 inches of lift from cruiser outfitters for 1,465 or spend a little bit more money and have to piece together my kit with Alcan springs for about 1,600 plus or minus a few hundered because of the flatbed. WHich one would you guys choose? I've read great thigns about both but can't make up my mind. As for the Flatbed my metal came in today. 2 20' sticks of 2x2 1/4 tubing for the frame, 1 1/4x 1 1/4 1/8 square tubing for the bracing, 11 gauge steel plate 5' but 10' for the steel floor. It's about 1/8" thick. Along with my 3rd stick of 20' 1 3/4 x.120 round tubing for side rails and a headache rack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom