Factory Roof Switch & Factory Roof Connector (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

danadog

Storm Trooper
Threads
Website
www.minipi.com
In my search to find a factory FJ roof switch, and a nice waterproof connector, I stumbled on a great deal on a factory set! Its a complete OEM factory kit with air dam minus the 2 Hella 500 lights. The seller assured me that this is a genuine Toyota kit with the lights removed. So I bought one. There is still quite a few left. $99 in the USA, ~$199 shipped to Canada. Not a bad deal considering the cost of a factory switch, factory connector (if you can find one), and the wiring and relay. The factory kit was designed to run 2 55w lamps on a 15amp fuse. Can anyone confirm what the factory wiring gauge is? 12ga? I think I may run a higher output LED round light in the air dam, or toss the air dam completely and run a LED bar that will have a safe amp draw.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/321667880867?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Thats a killer deal with the lights and all. I dont care for the air dam either as you can get a freakin 50" LED bar on mounts for a reasonable price these days. Id not even drill the roof, just run it in the seam along the A pillar

I am skeptical the stock wire harness would handle a 50" bar. 2ea 55w Hella 500's would draw about 9 amps. I want to wait till my set arrives so I can see the guage of the wire used. If it's beefy enough I will use it, if not perhaps I will use the connectors and rewire the harness so I can run a much higher amp draw light. A 50" curved bar would be cool, or perhaps a pair of ARB intensity led round lights.

My kit just arrived this morning. It is genuine Toyota OEM, complete with switch and connector and even included the Hella 500 lights even though the description said it wouldn't. I think this might be the FJ deal of the century.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom