OME extra HD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought an OME extra HD kit and the guy who sold it to me was not able to tell me how much lift I would gain. Right now I have a 2.5" kit installed but it`s been on the 80 for a long time and is kinda loosing its lift.
So far I have an ARB rack and a front winch. More armour will be added.
Measuring from bottom till beginning of flare I have in the front 94cm and in the back 1m. I have 33" tires mounted.

Will I need spacers to level the 80 with the extra HD springs and shocks?
Longer brake lines?

Are these spacers or is it original?
IMAG1444.jpg

Thanks for the help.

Tobi

I have the OME 2.5" HD kit and yes, it sticks the ass into the air (more on PS rear). If you want to level the front to rear then you'll need spacers up front. That's a spacer shown in the photo. Didn't your existing 2.5" lift kit come with longer brake lines? If you increase any over existing or if you never had longer brake lines, you definitely need them. I recommend Slee or other extended sst braided lines.

I bought it lifted so I guess the lines are extended. Do you have a photo of the lift installed?

Double check the brake lines are extended - if they are just rubber then they are stock. What kind of photo are you looking for, just the exterior or close-ups of the springs and brake lines? I don't have any of the close-ups handy, but here's a pic of the exterior where you can see the rear a little higher than front (note I'm running 35's):

Sedona AZ.jpg

Ill have a look. Yea outside is fine, want to see how high it will sit. Im also planning of running 35", are they rubbing?

See the photo I attached to previous post. No rubbing, but I did put in extended bump stops, which you should consider to avoid over compressing shocks and rubbing.

I just installed OME 2.5" heavy front & level stance springs in rear from Slee and also added Firestone coil-rite air bags (rear). I'm running 35x12.50r18 and no rub all the way to the stops... bump stops are extended... It is a 1992

:)

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1425113992.805071.jpg

They look line Fuel Trophys?

Double check the brake lines are extended - if they are just rubber then they are stock.
Not true. You can run longer rubber lines from, I think, a Tundra or Dorman brand rubber lines. This is the route I'm going.

I have the OME 2.5" HD kit and yes, it sticks the ass into the air (more on PS rear). If you want to level the front to rear then you'll need spacers up front.

Or switch to a longer spring, front J springs work well with heavy rears.

... Didn't your existing 2.5" lift kit come with longer brake lines? If you increase any over existing or if you never had longer brake lines, you definitely need them. I recommend Slee or other extended sst braided lines.

Spring/spacer has nothing to do with it, line extension is all about allowed travel, that is determined by the shock. For most setups using the normal OME shocks, the stock brake lines are long enough, breathers need to be extended.

Double check the brake lines are extended - if they are just rubber then they are stock. What kind of photo are you looking for, just the exterior or close-ups of the springs and brake lines? I don't have any of the close-ups handy, but here's a pic of the exterior where you can see the rear a little higher than front (note I'm running 35's):

I'm not a fan of braided lines. My rig has ~5" of lift, L shocks that are spaced for more droop and has the original lines, simply spaced the hardline mount point on the frame down, works great. If the lines need to be replaced, there are longer factory type lines that will do the job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom