I screwed up the A/C coil housing... need help getting it off (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1988 FJ62. I pulled the A/C blower. Then I tried to pull the lower half housings for the blower and the coils. While pulling, I broke the housing for the coils. I can fix it if I can get it off. Any tips? Should I have not tried to get the whole thing off? Both of the lower halves for the blower and the coil are mostly off but not all the way. I need to get the coil housing off to do some epoxy work on it now (because I broke it)

photo-7.JPG

In the future, don't mess with any of the plastic parts on the car unless absolutely necessary. Many of the plastics have become brittle with age and snap or crack easily.

^ yeah thats what he wants to hear. Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Its a pain in the ass to get out man, theres screws and clips the whole way around the coil housing. So the easiest way to remove it is disconnecting the ac lines on the other side of the firewall and pull the entire unit out..

When I re fitted mine, I left the rear screws and clips out. It still lines up and seals fine but now i can remove the bottom half of the cover to clean the fins of the coil out when I need to without all the bullshlt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom