Aftermarket UCAs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I totally disagree here. The adjustable SPC product allows for a ton of castor correction which restores handling on lifted 100's.
I for example run the TC UCA and there is not any adjustment beyond stock so the castor angles are not great (better than stock but no where close to the SPC adjustability). Many have switched over to the SPC's with good success, the style that SLEE sells is the way to go IMHO.

I'll stand corrected. I admit I spoke without prior knowledge of the other products out there. :oops:

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the LR ones for sale on Metal Tech's site are SPC's with OEM style ball joints, the exact same ones Slee sells also. If you look at the picture and literature from the SPC site, it's all the same. I think it even had SPC in the writeup on the Metal Tech site. So it's a pretty good deal if you are looking for new UCA's with OEM style ball joints IMO.
They are spc's. I don't take take my 4runner off highway. But the roads are pretty rough around here. In comparison, my 08 duramax plow truck has 151,000 on the front end and is still tight. Same roads. I put a 2.5 " lift in the 4Runner at around 50-60 k. At 85 k the spc bj's were shot along with the lower control arm bushings. So maybe a little more than 20. Still, that very quick wear

I was thinking your 4Runner UCA's had some type of rebuildable ball joint and not OEM style. I sure hope they last a lot longer than 20k.

did you hit them with the supplied grease adequately on the install?

Had I installed them I would have, but I suppose the people who did the install overlooked that step seeing as they failed to provide proper service in almost every other aspect when repairs were being performed. I think I ranted somewhere else about that when I posted about getting in a wreck about a year ago.

For all I know, there was no grease applied.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom