Has anybody dealt with Adventure Trailers before? I'm having a problem. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I ordered a storage drawer from them June 5th for what should have been a 5 to 7 day turnaround and I still haven't received anything! First after three weeks with no word from them they told me there was a delay in getting the panels from whoever does their CNC work, but said they had finally arrived and would be packed up and shipped immediately. This was last week. Then at the end of the week I heard nothing so I sent them another Email and they then told me when they went to box everything up they realized that they were out of drawer slides! :rolleyes:
I was told that the slides were coming this week and the unit would ship when they arrived. Well here we are at Thursday already with no shipping notification and my order still marked as "Pending" on the order status page.

Has anyone here bought anything from them before? Is this what things are like over there? Aside from being pissed I'm worried because what if their product is as poor as their organization skills... Plus I planned on eventually getting two drawers for my 80, matching drawers, but it looks like I should order the next one about two months before I really need it! :mad:

Last edited:
Relax a bit.

Adverture Trailer is a very good company with a great reputation in the industry. Pick up the phone and call them and exhust your options before venting on a publc forum.

No, I don't work for them, but I know they will bend over backwards to solve a problem.

Oh I'm relaxed, I merely stated the facts as they are and even finished with a joke stating that I would probably order again after all this!

Well here it is FRIDAY now, week over and still -"Pending". I guess the slides weren't delivered.

It is good to hear that they're a respected outfit and all, really, but that don't clear the clutter in the back of my rig ya know...

You have a right to be annoyed, for sure. However, I do know that lead times on things like slides can be difficult to deal with. They're not an everyday item. I have to wait 2-3 weeks for slides, depending on where they are warehoused. I've only heard good things about them, so hopefully they will learn from this and you will be pleased with your drawer!

I would not worry one bit...Mario and Martyn are experts, I have never heard of any disgruntled customers....ever.

I'm sure if you explain your displeasure they will make sure you are satisfied.

I would shoot them an email and find out when you can realistically expect it.

When you put the :mad: at the end of your post...I missed the humor.

You're a consumer that's frustrated and it's 2013. You have every right to vent on a public interest forum.

I have bought a few things from them, didn't have to wait long. What comes to mind though is their "quick tap shower head thingy". It is basically a base plate or mounting port that you hook up a quick tap shower head sprayer to. It leaked at the quick connect from day one.

GL and cheers

Okay an update: The drawers are in transit now and AT offered me half off shipping ($39) for my looong wait. I mean the summer is half over already. Based on the positive words about AT from Mudders I accepted instead of looking for more. Thanks to everyone who responded and defended AT as a solid organization. AT should thank you too.

A review will be coming when I get it built and covered in a linex type product, can't decide on which one yet.

I am wondering how you made out with your drawer system from AT ?!?!?

I also purchased 2 birch drawers systems from them in June and had similar issues with the shipping-- it took about a month to receive-- I would contact them to be assured, slides come tomorrow- and will be shipped....over and over and over again----- I was starting to loose faith in them, however they did seem okay and reassured me every time..... Well the finally came!!!

Totally useless!!

The holes drilled on the top were not even close to lining up with the holes drilled on the sides !!! I have pictures if anyone would like to see this..... Not just one hole either, several all the way around on several pieces....

After contacting them-- they suggested I get a drill and fix the holes myself-- well I did not just spend $1,000 to do this myself and some of the holes were sooo off-- that really was not an option.

I got an email shipment from them the next day, so I was expecting my replacement parts....

29 days later--- NOTHING.

Maybe they have made good drawers once or twice before-- but I would not know...

I would never refer this company or do business with them again after this awful experience.

Hope it turned out better for you!

I also purchased 2 birch drawers systems from them in June and had similar issues with the shipping-- it took about a month to receive-- I would contact them to be assured, slides come tomorrow- and will be shipped....over and over and over again----- I was starting to loose faith in them, however they did seem okay and reassured me every time..... Well the finally came!!!

Totally useless!!

The holes drilled on the top were not even close to lining up with the holes drilled on the sides !!! I have pictures if anyone would like to see this..... Not just one hole either, several all the way around on several pieces....

After contacting them-- they suggested I get a drill and fix the holes myself-- well I did not just spend $1,000 to do this myself and some of the holes were sooo off-- that really was not an option.

I got an email shipment from them the next day, so I was expecting my replacement parts....

Maybe they have made good drawers once or twice before-- but I would not know...

I would never refer this company or do business with them again after this awful experience.

would love to see some pictures...thanks!

We apologize to those who had to wait longer than our advertised 14-21 day lead time for drawer systems recently. We build them to order and use a CNC sub-contractor to cut certain parts. Our last round of parts from them was seriously delayed and then unbeknownst to us, they had made some errors in hole alignment that was not caught by us. We have taken steps internally to eliminate future delays and endeavor to not have this occur again

Jcruze and CruiserGirl94, we take customer service seriously and are not happy about what happened. JCruze, I believe we have taken care of your needs and questions, albeit later than we had hoped. CruiserGirl94, we have reached out to you to resolve this and are happy to proceed with a full refund or replacement. While you have reversed charges on your CC, we feel it only fair that you return the product. We have sent you shipping documents to return the product and are still awaiting your response and action.

If at anytime anyone has questions or issues with our products, we like to know. It is only with this knowledge that we can improve what we do. Given that spam filters are not infallible, should you not receive an e-mail response to your inquiry, we encourage that our customers contact either Martyn, myself or any of our staff directly by phone, leave a message if we do not pick up, we will get back to you.

Totally useless!!

Oh no. I haven't built them yet because I was having issues with the finish I want to put on them. I'm about to place my order for the finish material and now THIS? I'm gonna have to clear out the garage and piece it together and see if I'm in the same boat. What size drawers did you get? Please tell me it's not 36x20x9.

So what are you gonna do?

EDIT:

Oh I see AT has responded.

El Coyote: Yes we reached agreement on discounted shipping charges and I promptly let the board know. Do you know if my parts were from the same batch? Like I said it's all STILL in the box unfortunately so I don't know if there are problems. I even sent you guys emails recently on how best to finish the drawer, and you can read about my issues with learning about finishing and compressor size here on Mud. Hopefully there won't be any build problems, but if there are I'll be sure to contact you.

Last edited:
JCruse, yes from the same batch but not all parts were affected by this hole alignment error. Test assemble and check if you have not yet. It is very easy to check without assembly as well, simply insert the long KD screws though the holes that intersect with the connector bolts. You want to verify that they hit the connector bolt hole dead center and that they are perpendicular to the hole. If you need a verbal explanation, please call me directly, I will be happy to help you. If there is a problem, we will make it right for you.

For coating birch, it is okay to use a solvent based roll on or spray on liner like Herculiner or Raptol. Best to use a wood sealer first to prevent raising the grain as the solvent is absorbed and then evaporates. We do not recommend Line-X or other 2 part polyurethane/catalyst coatings for wood as heat is generated by the material when curing and if the wood has a relatively high moisture content, then air bubbles can occur under the liner as the moisture tries to escape.

Mario

Okay Mario, thanks for the advice on liners. I'll check the fit as soon as I can.

Fwiw, I have known Mario for close to ten years. I have a lot of respect for him and for what he oes. I consider him a friend.

Georg @ Valley Hybrids

Okay Mario, thanks for the advice on liners. I'll check the fit as soon as I can.

Have you had a chance to check the fit yet? Let me know when you can.

This is an old thread but I'm guessing by the lack of responses that these issues have been ironed out? Just checking before I pull the trigger on a drawer. I also need to decide on wood or composite...

This is an old thread but I'm guessing by the lack of responses that these issues have been ironed out? Just checking before I pull the trigger on a drawer. I also need to decide on wood or composite...

If you read up a number of posts above, the issue appears to have been resolved a few years ago. Adventure Trailer is an upstanding company and you should have nothing to worry about. Other than deciding on Wood or Composite!

Good luck with your build!

Thanks for the reassurance there. I'm leaning toward the composite drawer by the way...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom