Our '87 4R SR5 Honduras Coffee/Missions Rig Build... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Temp sensor isn't the same...

Did I buy the wrong one or am I looking at the wrong one on the 4R?

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1425065061.497492.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1425065072.051808.jpg

Or is this the one?
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1425065318.900138.jpg

Found this sweet mess for the knock sensor!
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1425066648.750908.jpg

Cover with silicone. Will splicing work even though the outside silver white isn't connected?

I've never used sealer on any of the sensors/senders in water jackets. They are brass and seal just fine. If you want, a little teflon paste won't hurt. Just keep it off the business end.

The knock sensor needs that shielding around it. If you need yo splice in get some coax cable and pull the inside out to put around the new wire

Ok. Changed the water temp sensor. Still running rough. The knock sensor is going to be a bleep to change. I've read both that it will and won't affect idle. Thoughts before I attempt it?

The knock sensor does affect timing. If its not working correctly it will send your rig into limp mood and retard the timing as its meant to listen for pinging inside your engine.

The knock sensor does affect timing. If its not working correctly it will send your rig into limp mood and retard the timing as its meant to listen for pinging inside your engine.

Well it's def running retarded. I'll do that next then after my feet thaw. It's actually snowing in Texas now. :eek:
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1425070526.386158.jpg

Dirty old O2 sensor.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1425072663.805261.jpg

I'm jealous you guys are getting snow. Up here in Washington were going to have issues for the farmers unless it snows

First snow of the year where I live. O2 sensor didn't solve the problem. Working on the knock sensor now. Old one...
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1425074362.644665.jpg

Which temp sensor?

I really don't think it will hurt to put some teflon tape on the threads.

The one on the right, two wire one with green plug.

Nothing worked and it still runs like poo. :(

I'm jealous you guys are getting snow. Up here in Washington were going to have issues for the farmers unless it snows

I'll send you some. This is outside the back of my garage, the other day. Shipping address?

IMAG0323.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1425075981.679405.jpg

This one.

Just thought if share that ours it's 50 and sunny where I live

Pff...you guys and your snow! I got stuck in Bimini for 5 days freezing my flip flops off at 50+ degrees. :crybaby: And yes it was not planned!
image.jpg

As far as your situation have you checked your TPS? Didn't read whole thread as Internet here is sketchy.

Not yet, I'll check the TPS. Guess I just need to work my way through the troubleshooting section on the FSM. :/

Don't have much to add as far as troubleshooting, but I changed both of those sensors on my old 4rnr and didn't use any type of sealant.

Have you checked the Idle air control valve? Those things are notorious for just getting old and not working. If you swap to a later style intake (89-93 or so) you can get rid of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom