Is it possible to special order an LC in Super White (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For months now, I have been searching high and low for a like new 2011 ultra low mileage Super White LC, without any luck.

After 2011, Toyota changed Super White to starfire pearl white metallic, not at all something I would be willing to buy. I am pretty sure Toyota is still building them in super white, just not for the U.S. markets. At least it's not listed as available on the U.S. website.

I am just wondering since its a common color in other markets. Is there any chance of special ordering one in Super White in US spec. ?

I can wait to get exactly what I want.

Someone pointed out to me, when I mentioned that I could not build an Amazon Green on the site, that the colors are location specific. I am not saying that Super White is available in another region of the country, but at least that was the case with green; I could not build a green one in Mississippi, but could if I were out west.

Super White is single stage and tends to fade over time. People on the Tundra and Yaris forums I'm on have reported back with similar results. I've also seen it first hand with my sister in laws old corolla. If not taken care of it goes to matte white. I'm currently trying to stay on top of my wife's Yaris so it doesn't do that but only time will tell

That's not a problem for me, I park inside at home and work. I had my Super white 2010 LC till last year, no issues.

Pearl white is just not white to me. It changes color depending on the light. From white to beige to silver. The metal flake picks up the different lighting and I am just not a fan of it at all. I just like like true bright gloss white. Metalic colors are also near impossible to ever match if something were to happen that required a paint repair.

I just checked the build on Toyotas website and its def. zip code specific. In Tn, the only colors are White and Black, while in Idaho you get the full spectrum. You might have to expand your search to different regions. Remember, they only build @ 3000 Land Cruisers for the US market a year, with less than 2000 built in 2010 and 2011 so the availability options are rather limited, especially in the used car market. (2011 is the lowest production build of the 200s with 1662 built.)

I have been running nation wide searches, on Autotrader and Cars.com, and a few others less known websites, all the white 13-15s new and used, listed for sale nation wide, are blizzard pearl. The main reason I bought the LC over the LX in 2010 was to get real white vs the pearl white that Lexus has always used. I cant help but think since the UN and several other countries are likely still able to get Super white, that it would or should not be that hard for them to still build a US spec model in Super white. That their just might be some channel to go through to make it happen.

I was just thinking that even though they are made in Japan and would take likely 3-4 months to get, that I could wait if there were some way to special order one in Super White.

I know if I go into to dealer and ask the sales guy, they will likely give me what ever answer they think will lead me to buy whatever they have on the lot, and it will likely leave not ever getting a straight answer.

Last edited:
With US sales being what they are (and I cannot imagine the average amount of time the LC's sit on dealer's lots), it certainly behooves both the dealership and Toyota to not only allow but to encourage us to special order them in whatever exterior/interior color we want. (I gave up trying to find my first choice Amazon Green on a new one and had to search far and wide for my second choice Magnetic Gray as it was.) And while they're doing that, they should also allow us to accessorize with e-lockers, winches, etc that they offer elsewhere...

That link is acting funny, I think I got it to work, was it in MO. 34K miles. I have looked at it. It was in transit when the add started. Only 3 pictures one of it missing the shift knob. Not a big deal, Its on the ground now, am waiting on more pictures coming.
Kicker on that one is besides the miles being higher then I am wanting, is it has a Lemon branded title, and Carfax. There is one up buy Chicago, that has 21k miles but it looks kinda rough in some ways and has several add on switches and such on the dash panel, that worry me as to what wires have been possibly spliced into to work who knows what.

What a MAJOR turnoff. I too want Super White on my LC; pearl white is a no no for me. Has anyone tried negotiating with their dealer on this? I will try to get a hold of my local dealer to see what they tell me.

It's possible the dealer has the shift nob. Ive seen a lot of dealers stash them on expensive used cars. Guess the get stolen a lot.

Huh that's funny I bought my 2011 Super White LC from Joe Machens BMW in Columbia, MO last year.

I can't imagine that you think 34,000 miles is high mileage.

you mention you had a 2010 LC, what happened to it?

ky, I sold it last year at 39000 miles, Pretty much regretted it ever since. That's why buying one back with the same miles bothers me is typically buy new, so I started searching used with under 15,000 miles, nothing I am now looking at ones with 30k-45k miles.

After selling the 10LC , I ended up Buying a durango a few months later, it has a lot of high tech features and is fun to drive with the AWD 8sp Hemi. But, just can't get use to the whole unibody thing. I drove the new Escalade, Denali several diferent ones before choosing the Durango. Shocked the whole time that I was buying the Durango over the Denali, but I did and still due like it better then the new Denali, Both of which you can buy and I did buy the Durango in bright gloss white. The escalade was out of the hunt early for the same reason I started this thread, only offering pear white was a deal breaker for me. I guess the manufactures now think if it is a nice high end car it's has to be done in pear(metalic) metalic paint.

Last edited:
It's possible the dealer has the shift nob. Ive seen a lot of dealers stash them on expensive used cars. Guess the get stolen a lot.

I am sure they will have to put a new shift knob in it, if they plan to get the $50k they are asking for it. The real hang up I a have with it, is the lemon branded California title and even though they tell me the title will likely clean up when title outside California, the car fax will always show it was a lemon law buyback vehicle. That would likely always effect it's value, and with the price only a few grand less then some lower mileage or like mileage used ones on the market. I just don't think its a good deal. Maybe if it were $5k lower say $45k I might be more interested in it. Still the lemon thing really bothers me.

Right now the one I found in AR with 47k miles a clean history looks like it's in great condition is more appealing to me, they just have a $56k price tag on it, that's about $5-6k over retail book. And at leat $3-$4 higher then any other on the market with like mileage.

I would stay away from a Lemon title. Little good can come from it, especially since they seem to asking full price anyways.

What a MAJOR turnoff. I too want Super White on my LC; pearl white is a no no for me. Has anyone tried negotiating with their dealer on this? I will try to get a hold of my local dealer to see what they tell me.

Exactly, why I took the 14 LC off my shopping list after selling my 10 LC ,last year , pearl white was just not happening.
That said
Even though there are other more high tech features on other vehicles, and others I could and did buy in the pure white color I wanted, as I can now attest to, there is just no substitute for true ultra high quality feel of the LC. That's not to say I think or feel the same about all Toyota vehicles, I had an 11 Tacoma for about 6 months, I am sure it was a great reliable long lasting truck, unfortunately I felt like I was driving a tin can. Nothing at all not even remotely similar feeling I had in my LC. I have learned that LC/LX is something very special.

cc1999, I guess I could buy a LC (whatever color) and have it repainted. But darn it I should not be repainting a brand new car! lol
:doh:

cc1999, I guess I could buy a LC (whatever color) and have it repainted. But darn it I should not be repainting a brand new car! lol
:doh:

Yea, I suspect it is possible, but a near perfect color change paint job , is some major bucks, I would speculate $10,000.00 +++. Some trim items are likely sold painted and not available in Super white, causing more issues.

Me, I am thinking silver would be my alternate color, that is if there is just not anyway to special order one in super white.
I like silver, just that I always worry about matching a silver metalic paint if something ever were to happen requiring a paint repair. Also it's kind of one of those colors that tend to blend in with the road, more or less a road camo. Every vehicle I have ever nearly pulled out in front of because I didn't see it at first glance, has been some shade of silver or beige/tan.

First world problems man. Repaint on a new vehicle should always be filed under bad ideas.

Before I got the smokin deal on my red 08, I wouldn't even look at a rig that wasn't gray or silver. You get over it, trust me.

My two cents....

Prey on a smaller dealership that has one or two LC's either languishing on the lot (cause it ain't a Lexus) or being driven by the dealer GM or some other freeloading employee. They will deal. We own very specialized/expensive vehicles which cost these dealers money as well. Also, salesmen are usually morons. Demand to deal with the GM or someone who demonstrates any knowledge of what a LC is and WHY they cost so much. Their bottom line here is your best friend.

Rant over.

Gratuitous pic of my 08 with new rubber just because. 285/65/18 Nitto Terra Grappler G2's.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1425147093.691222.jpg

Sent from my extremely unreliable mobile device using IH8MUD Forum

Yea, I suspect it is possible, but a near perfect color change paint job , is some major bucks, I would speculate $10,000.00 +++. Some trim items are likely sold painted and not available in Super white, causing more issues.

Me, I am thinking silver would be my alternate color, that is if there is just not anyway to special order one in super white.
I like silver, just that I always worry about matching a silver metalic paint if something ever were to happen requiring a paint repair. Also it's kind of one of those colors that tend to blend in with the road, more or less a road camo. Every vehicle I have ever nearly pulled out in front of because I didn't see it at first glance, has been some shade of silver or beige/tan.

Well I have heard more along the lines of $3000 but I might be wrong? 10K+ is not worth it IMHO. I think all that time lurking in the Toyota website building and rebuilding 4Runners (they indeed have a true white) made me believe that those colors were for the most part available on most of their cars. At the very least the white! :bang:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom