Good source for multi-wire connectors? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.instagram.com
Looking to add a switch panel. Planing to run about 8 leads to/from the panel to a relay box. Where is a good source for OEM quality connectors that are reasonably small?

I like Anderson Power Poles because the housings are interchangeable from 15 - 45 Amp. The difference is in the internal contact (the part that gets crimped). This makes it easy to step down a larger gauge wire to a bunch of smaller ones.

I'm a fan of Amphenol. The circular mil spec connectors are 100% bomb proof, you can also find them with different size contacts so you can mix low current and high current wires. Whatever brand you go with spend a few bucks and get the correct crimping tool as well as a proper extractor.

38999's are killer, but overkill ($$$) in most vehicular cases. If you don't buy the correct crimping tool you're wasting your time and money buying them.

I use weatherpacks because that's what I have a lot of. Deutsch connectors have a slightly higher contact density than they do, but not being an OE it's not a huge matter for me.
Anderson connectors for battery cable sized wiring that need easy separation.

Neutrik has some nice connectors and mounts. A lot of folks use them for custom audio builds and what not. They have different circular plugs of different wire bundle #'s.

Their nickle easy crimp pins are great too; just got done setting up a 6-pin Deutsch connector apart of my FM antenna relocate. I use a $25 Weatherpack tool...and it works on the barrel type too although what I would call Class C fit. But Class A on the easy crimp style pins as shown below.

image.jpg

Delphi Metri-Paks are really nice, fool proof, weather-tite and fairly inexpensive. You can get from one pin to like 20pin or anything in between.

What connector shall I use for 10 AWG wire for RTT lights and two cigarette plugs ? I was looking at weatherpack connectors but they are only from 12 AWG. The load should not be bigger then 20 AMPs. Really just led lights , and bed warmer and possibly just charging ipad.

Jorge

What connector shall I use for 10 AWG wire for RTT lights and two cigarette plugs ? I was looking at weatherpack connectors but they are only from 12 AWG. The load should not be bigger then 20 AMPs. Really just led lights , and bed warmer and possibly just charging ipad.

Jorge
PP45 Loose Piece 45 Amp Powerpole Contact 261G2 | Powerwerx is not expensive and works with 10 awg. Connector blocks are available on the same website. I'd ask why 10 awg if the max load is only 20 A? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom