Rear aftermarket 45 Shackles - Were to find (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

love2fly

Flying the Mountains of the NW
Threads
Looking for a set of rear aftermarket FJ45 shackles to give a 1.5" lift, used or new.
T type seen in the photo.
I can fine lots for the 40 springs shackles but none for the 45.
Thank much

coolfj40_2269_630225598.jpg

Those are soft bolts. Had a set almost say uncle after a day on poison spider mesa. Just fyi.

Tancruiser are you satisfied with them on your rig or ?
I like the anti inversion shackles but cant find any for the 1.5" lift. May end up doing a build. Starch wings with big motors and flying boxes with big fans on top. Tried hand gliding once, very cool in the winter.
tornadoalleycruiser, what's up. Hope all is well. Ran into that bolt problem on other products but the good part is I can find better bolts.
I do like the stock shackles as they are pretty dam beefy.
Thanks

Maybe I should be asking if anyone has a set of old fj45 rear stock shackles they may want to sell.
Thanks guys

What pin length do you want? And pin size. I think I used some fj60 shackles on the back of mine. Might have a set lying around. Can look tomorrow night

I did not realize the FJ60 rear shackles were the same or close. Let me measure the pin length and diameter. I also have a FJ60-62 owner close by that may have a spare set.
Thanks

This is what ours looks like.

shackle.jpg

shacle2.jpg

Last edited:
Daryl,

For what it's worth: The shackles in your last posting look like the stock rear "Y" anti-inversion shackles on the later FJ45 pickup trucks and FJ43s--87mm CL to CL and 82mm wide. The "Y" arm is intended to hit the underside of the frame and limit the leafpack inverting. Can't remember offhand whether they are to be inboard or outboard to operate correctly.

The OldManEmu rear shackles I bought with my "lift" are the same dimension but with greaseable pins. So the "lift" coming from my Emu setup are a result of a much more severely arched leaf spring pack, even with the 3rd leaf removed. My 2cents, anyway.

Okay good news found a shop locally that can reproduce by computer cut the identical part (my photos) to any length. Haven't got the complete quote yet but sounds promising. I just need to remove one of my shackles for duplication.
Lets see where this goes. If too costly will check out the FJ60 type.
Thanks

image.jpg
Daryl

These are a bit dirty after being on my 45 for a few years now, but I'm very partial to them. They are my house brand Double Duty shackles. They can be run with or without the center gusset, and most importantly, adjusted to fit the specs of the 45 properly.

Back in the '90s, I approached Downey Off Road about shackles for my lwb. It looked like the 60 series shackles were a no-brainer. Then I installed them and found I had about a quarter inch more shackle width than bushing width. I did not want to bow the shackles to make them 'fit' or stuff washers inside the shackles to take up the gap. Downey ended up making me some one-off narrower shackles. This is what got me started on the whole adjustable width idea. Now I have shackles that not only can be adjusted to a snug fit at install, but be KEPT snug as time goes on.:)

Hope this helps.

Mark A.

Mark I'll take them......okay I can see that they are at home on the old gal.
The gent that I mentioned when he has some free time is going to cut out with one of those computer water cutter machine a set that will look identical to the what I have now but a bit longer for my lift (1.5). I have to pull a set for him to use as a template, not sure why as I thought he could trace the outline on paper while on the rig but something to do with a computer? Talked to him yesterday and it may be a month or two now as he's busy. I glad he's a FJ45 lover, might cost more. So with that said I may still build some myself that may resemble yours from .25 thick x 2" with steel that I found at the local steel yard in a remints box. Yours seems to be very stout and working, what is the lift you put into them?
It is a help thanks, and we will be heading down next month, but without the 45, my wife love comfort, ah.

Daryl

I offer three options in the 18mm version:1.25, 2.25 and 3 inches longer than stock.

Give me a heads up before you come down; I am on the road myself quite a bit these days.

PM sent

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom